StudentsReview :: Iona College - Comments and Student Experiences

Fordham University -- Bronx, NY
Hofstra University -- Hempstead, NY
Saint Mary's College of California -- Moraga, CA

Iona College

Thanks for sharing the comments.Undecided
Thanks for sharing the comments. I did buy Money Magazine, and I read the article. Iona not ranked for affordability or in any other category. Iona also not being on the top 50 colleges in New York, and Iona accepting 93 percenet of applicants, confirmed my decision to leave.

I'm not going to pay Iona College another $50,000 or my parents money. Some I took out as student loans, but if I'm going to pay, have student debt, I want to pay tuition money at a college or univeristy that is ranked.

Iona isn't ranked - so why pay $50,000 to attend a college with limited academic support, limited career development support, limited social life, and just limited all around support services. That's like paying $50,000 for a car with an engine running on 3 cylanders.

Thank you for posting the links, and for sharing information about the articles. I'm gone from IOna College now, and I'll be attending a college on the list that is afforadable, and I won't have to go into debt.Iona's Administrators need to devise and implement change -to greatly improve the quality of support services, or I think Iona's rankings will continue to FALL LOWER.

I graduated from Iona College in May, 2019.Quite Bright
I graduated from Iona College in May, 2019. I just read many of the negative comments, and I AGREE WITH THEM. I did want to transfer out of Iona, because I wasn't happy, but I would have lost credits, and I just couldn't afford to respend more money taking additional courses. Iona is just not worth the tuition.

Thanks for sharing the article - about the 50 Best Colleges in New York. Iona didn't make it. So, make sure you ask yourself, why should you spend all that money to attend a college that doesn't rank in the Top 50?? I wish I knew when I enrolled at Iona.

The Academic Tutoring Center is understaffed, mismanaged, and the President and Top Administrators could careless. The campus on the outside looks like a picture, but the inside - Management, are demotivated. They just don't care.

Iona accepts 93 percent of applicants -it's so easy to get into Iona. If Iona makes their budget numbers, the Top Brass can keep collecting their big salaries.

The Academic Tutoring Center - is a joke. I had to hire private tutors to get help - spend more of my parent's hard-earned money. The Computers are left broken and dirty.

The Career Development Department - nice people, but limited help and services. You are left on your own - to do job searches, etc.

The social life is so poor. The gym is nice, but I didn't attend college to go to a gym - I can join a beautiful gym for 20.00 per month.

If you are interested in Iona, spend, not a day, but days, on campus. Sit in on classes, talk to Seniors, talk to Alums, about jobs, and student loan debt, and ask to see job reports -that give you percentage of graduates that were hired in jobs - in their field of study.

Ask how many Adjuncts Teach classes - the cheap way out for Iona.
To me, Iona not making the Top 50 colleges in New York - is a Big Red Flag. If I'm going to spend $50,000 plus to attend a college, I want it to be a TOP TIER College. If Iona accepts 93 percent of applicants, that's also a Big Red Flag. It's just not competitive. There are nice staff members, but all around, Iona was not worth the money, and now I have to pay-back Iona student loans for years.I'll be going for my Master's, but not at Iona. I won't make the same mistake twice.

Preparedness: F Reputation: F
Http://buccareer.
Http://buccareer.com/50-best-universities-in-new-york/
Iona didn't even make it on the list of the 50 Best Colleges in New York. I just finished my Freshman year at Iona College. I didn't declare my Major, but I was hoping to receive extensive Advisement regarding Majors and career choices when I enrolled at Iona. The advisement was limited, not helpful or supportive. I wasn't happy with the majority of support services at Iona College. The Academic Tutoring Center -is disorganized, understaffed, not very helpful. I sometimes had to pay tutors for assistance, and I wasn't happy about that. My parents and I are paying around

$50,000 tuition plus fees to attend Iona.
Iona's social life is lacking a social experience, and the academic and college life is also very limited.

I was doing research, and I noticed this article as a news headline, and I thought I would post it for your review.

I'm leaving Iona College - and based on this article, I made a good decision. Why should I pay $50,000, of my parents money, and my money (student loans), to attend a college that isn't even ranked in the Top 50 in New York.

That's terrible - Marist and Manhattan, two of the MAAC teams made it.
Do your homework, like other posters mentioned, and spend , not one day, but many days, before you finalize your decision. Iona is just not worth the money - or going into debt. There are too many other choices, that offer quality, and worth for your money, unlike IONA.

Compare IonaSave Iona