StudentsReview :: Iona College - Comments and Student Experiences

Hofstra University -- Hempstead, NY
Saint Mary's College of California -- Moraga, CA

Iona College

Before you even consider enrolling at Iona College,Quite BrightOther
Before you even consider enrolling at Iona College, attend one of Iona's job fairs. There are so few companies at the career fair, and most available positions are for low wage jobs. Very few if any fortune 500 companies attend the fair or schedule recruitment days on campus.

Iona takes all your money and leaves you on your own. After you graduate, you only receive donations letters from Iona College. If you tour Iona, as other raters stated, ask for copies of the reports - stating, where all the current and recent graduates are working, where did all of the students get internships? What companies? Iona didn't prepare me for the world of work.

I would never recommend Iona College to any high school student due to Iona's lack of assistance in Career Development, and also academic support services. The tuition is way too high, and you get limited support services.

I stayed at Iona because I thought the new President and his administration would have turned things around for the better; it's worse - everything is status-quo, and some departments have gone totally down hill - The Tutoring Center for one.

I went for assistance with my higher level coursework, and there were no tutors, computers were broken, keyboards in one room were so dirty, you couldn't use them.

Now as a graduate, I am stuck paying back loans, for Iona, and all Iona does is continue to ask me and all alums for more money.

On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the best score, I would rank Iona a 4, and I would give it lower than that, but the Security Guards and Staff were always so nice, and so were the people in the cafeteria, and I met nice friends at Iona, but they also feel shafted by Iona.

My advice, before you spend a large amount of money, is to go to a college or university, and spend time at their career services office, and ask questions and ask for details. I would also advice you to get a certification, and get hired by a company, and let them pay for you to attend college. Definitely don't put yourself in financial debt to attend Iona - it's not worth it.The Administrators at Iona have their big paying jobs, so they don't care about you; they just care about their money and their salaries.

Preparedness: F Reputation: F
I withdrew from Iona College.Undecided
I withdrew from Iona College. Iona misinforms students. Iona is way too expensive for the services and support you receive. I wasn't happy my two years at Iona, and I had to stay due to the location. I'm so happy I am transferring to a college that really cares about helping students. Iona only cares about taking your money.

I went for help at the Rudin Center on many occasions and sometimes there was never anyone there to assist you or greet you. I went to get assistance with my resume at Career Services, the staff were nice, but I was told my resume wouldn't get me in the door of McDonald's. The staff at Iona and the administrators just brush you off. It's like the students are annoying them. IOna should learn, the students pay their salaries. Very few Administrators or staff members care at Iona. Iona is only hungry for your money, not your success. Iona only cares about building dorms. They over charge for food services. Iona's fees are so high, and if you don't spend all your money on your meal plan, Iona keeps your Money. - What caring institution would do a thing like that? Have a lawyer read the contracts before you signMy advice - to parents and students is - find a college with a reputation for a high return on your investment, and Iona sure isn't the college you will get a return on your money. I wish I didn't have to waste my first two years in college, attending Iona. Also, it is so boring on the weekends at Iona - there is nothing to do, and New Rochelle doesn't have much to offer.

Iona College isn't worthUndecided
Iona College isn't worth the money. I will be enrolling at a community college to complete my two years, and then I will transfer to a college or university that is ranked high in the area of Return on My Investment. Iona is way over-priced, for the quality of academic services offered.
Compare IonaSave Iona

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→