StudentsReview :: Iona College - Comments and Student Experiences

Fordham University -- Bronx, NY
Hofstra University -- Hempstead, NY
Saint Mary's College of California -- Moraga, CA

Iona College

I graduated from Iona College in May, 2019.
I graduated from Iona College in May, 2019. I just read many of the negative comments, and I AGREE WITH THEM. I did want to transfer out of Iona, because I wasn't happy, but I would have lost credits, and I just couldn't afford to respend more money taking additional courses. Iona is just not worth the tuition.

Thanks for sharing the article - about the 50 Best Colleges in New York. Iona didn't make it. So, make sure you ask yourself, why should you spend all that money to attend a college that doesn't rank in the Top 50?? I wish I knew when I enrolled at Iona.

The Academic Tutoring Center is understaffed, mismanaged, and the President and Top Administrators could careless. The campus on the outside looks like a picture, but the inside - Management, are demotivated. They just don't care.

Iona accepts 93 percent of applicants -it's so easy to get into Iona. If Iona makes their budget numbers, the Top Brass can keep collecting their big salaries.

The Academic Tutoring Center - is a joke. I had to hire private tutors to get help - spend more of my parent's hard-earned money. The Computers are left broken and dirty.

The Career Development Department - nice people, but limited help and services. You are left on your own - to do job searches, etc.

The social life is so poor. The gym is nice, but I didn't attend college to go to a gym - I can join a beautiful gym for 20.00 per month.

If you are interested in Iona, spend, not a day, but days, on campus. Sit in on classes, talk to Seniors, talk to Alums, about jobs, and student loan debt, and ask to see job reports -that give you percentage of graduates that were hired in jobs - in their field of study.

Ask how many Adjuncts Teach classes - the cheap way out for Iona.
To me, Iona not making the Top 50 colleges in New York - is a Big Red Flag. If I'm going to spend $50,000 plus to attend a college, I want it to be a TOP TIER College. If Iona accepts 93 percent of applicants, that's also a Big Red Flag. It's just not competitive. There are nice staff members, but all around, Iona was not worth the money, and now I have to pay-back Iona student loans for years.I'll be going for my Master's, but not at Iona. I won't make the same mistake twice.

Http://buccareer.Bright
Http://buccareer.com/50-best-universities-in-new-york/
Iona didn't even make it on the list of the 50 Best Colleges in New York. I just finished my Freshman year at Iona College. I didn't declare my Major, but I was hoping to receive extensive Advisement regarding Majors and career choices when I enrolled at Iona. The advisement was limited, not helpful or supportive. I wasn't happy with the majority of support services at Iona College. The Academic Tutoring Center -is disorganized, understaffed, not very helpful. I sometimes had to pay tutors for assistance, and I wasn't happy about that. My parents and I are paying around

$50,000 tuition plus fees to attend Iona.
Iona's social life is lacking a social experience, and the academic and college life is also very limited.

I was doing research, and I noticed this article as a news headline, and I thought I would post it for your review.

I'm leaving Iona College - and based on this article, I made a good decision. Why should I pay $50,000, of my parents money, and my money (student loans), to attend a college that isn't even ranked in the Top 50 in New York.

That's terrible - Marist and Manhattan, two of the MAAC teams made it.
Do your homework, like other posters mentioned, and spend , not one day, but many days, before you finalize your decision. Iona is just not worth the money - or going into debt. There are too many other choices, that offer quality, and worth for your money, unlike IONA.

1st Year Female -- Class 1920
I recently posted - an Iona Alum, Female,
I recently posted - an Iona Alum, Female, Psychology major, bright. When my comments were posted, I reviewed my comment section, and I realized, there was numerous typos. I used my phone - small screen to type my comments. I apologize for the typos in my posting.

As an Iona Alum, in my opinion, attending Iona wasn't worth the money - the tuition and fees are so high for the return you get. When you graduate - the big loan payments start, and you are left searching for a job - minimal wage and low paying jobs. Where is Iona's staff? Iona is lacking strong corporate partnerships. You will see the Iona Ads - that show you a few successful Alums. Iona spends so much money on Ads - they should put more money into Career Development.

All around, Iona isn't run efficiently.
So many departments lack motivated managers and staff. They lack drive, innovation - Iona is going backwards.

They also accept up to 93 percent of applicants, maybe more - to meet their quotas/numbers. Google acceptance rates - read -and study. Iona's graduation rate is very low. Iona cares about quantity - not quality.

Ask yourself, should you pay close to $50,000 a year to attend a college -Iona College- that isn't highly ranked, isn't competitive?? If you get a scholarshop, that's different. You can take virtual college classes, attend state schools, community colleges for two years - and get your core classes - and a great education. Iona's social life is dull, New Rochelle -is a boring city. I stayed due to personal reasons, but if I had to do it over again. I would never take out big loans - to attend Iona - a low rated college. Iona needs to focus more on the students - and focus on providing quality support services. Iona's upper management and board should walk around - get out of their offices - maybe then they will learn what is/is not getting done. Iona needs to rebuild - refocus- to me Iona is lost - same worthless degrees - there are no or very limited jobs after graduation with these worthless degrees. Iona moves on, and you move out - and pay big loan payments. Iona needs to expand - get into the 21st Century - teach new skills - new certifications.

Compare IonaSave Iona