StudentsReview :: Iona College - Comments and Student Experiences

Saint Mary's College of California -- Moraga, CA

Iona College

Dec 12 2014Unknown
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Thank you so much for all your honest feedback. I am so happy I read the reviews, but I'm saddened to hear the news about Iona because I am an Alum.

I did hear, through the grapvine, that there has been a very high turnover of long-term staff members, since the new President took over. I also heard, many employees are not happy and very dissatisfied working at Iona, and the employee moral is very low. You can't run an effective business when your employees are not happy.

I was planning to advise my cousin and all his friends to apply to Iona. I won't now, and I will recommend this site to them for their review.

I am very unhappy to learn that Iona would treat their students and Alums so aloofly. Iona charges so much for classes. They should be ashamed to take all that money from students, and not provide them with quality teachers (full-time), over crowd the classes, charge outrageous food prices, and leave the students without enough support services to assist them strategically plan their job search. To make matters worse, ask Alums, as soon as they graduate, to donate to Iona's fund, when Iona knows young alums and their parents are struggling to pay bill and pay back college loans. It's just wrong.

Thanks again for sharing your honest feedback. I will also ensure I facebook my Class, Iona friends.....and advise them not to DONATE A DIME OF THEIR MONEY TO THE ANNUAL FUND OR THE ALUMNI FUND until the current Administration changes their way and cares, or leaves.

Students made Iona, were Iona, and always will be Iona, and should be treated as number 1.
With appreciation for all your honest posting. I will spread the word to stay away from Iona for the time being.

Preparedness: F Reputation: F
Dec 12 2014Business - Management and Administration
12-12-2014
I just read comments posted on this site, and I totally agree with some of the ratings and comments made by Iona students.

The current Administration is oblivious to the needs of the Iona students, their customers, their mission. All they care about is their money. They reel you into Iona, do anything to keep you there, and as soon as you graduate, they pretty much wash their hands of you. When you graduate, and become Alum, and go visit the Career Services Department, to ask for support, they pretty much brush you off, and tell you to look for jobs on the Internet. The resume they helped me with was useless because the Careeer Advisors didn't have enough time to spend with you. As soon as you graduate, Iona doesn't send you a letter asking you "How are You? Can we assist you with anything?

Iona writes asking You to support their Fund-raising efforts - showing a total lack of concern for their Alums and the college loans their Alums and parents are paying back. Iona is all about money.

Iona is a joke, and if I could turn back the clock, I never would have enrolled
at Iona. The New Administration is a like a Coach at Iona, - they are using the college as a stepping stone to their next jobs. Iona doesn't care about their students or Alums, they only care about MONEY.

Don't waste your money going to Iona until Iona decided to do a complete overhaul of their Top Administrators. The turnover is so high, anyway.

The Administrators running the place should learn that the First Rule of business, is to "HUG YOUR STUDENTS - YOUR CUSTOMERS" Until they do, stay far away from this school.

If you are still interested in Iona, do your homework, ask questions, ask for job hiring data on Alums, in all the career fields and major, and ask, how many Fortune 500 companies attend Iona, get the list of the companies, and ask what percentage of students were hired at any of these companies? Don't waste your money.

The posting was accurate - compare the Professors salaries to the Presidents and the Career Advisors - and you will see the grave inequity and discrepancy.

I met wonderful people at Iona, very helpful and nice, who worked so hard to help all the students, the front end people, who get no recognition, and their salaries are laughable in this day and age. Please do indepth homework and research.Look at the list of colleges that made the affordable list for providing a quality educationa and services. Iona didn't make it.

Starting Job: Sales Jobs Preparedness: F Reputation: D
Dec 08 2014Business - Management and Administration
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Going to college is all about finding whats right for you. Unfortunately, Iona is not for me. First of all I was stuck in a non-freshman dorm this year(Rice), despite being told on tour that ALL freshman are either in East or Loftus(mostly Loftus). Reasons why my dorm was awful and negated from my college experience.

1. Lack of air conditioning
2. No lounge, kitchen, or common room area in my hallway.
3. Unacceptable sanitation- I have photos of blood, vomit, and bodily fluids covering the 3 stalls intended for over 30. Some stains stayed on the walls for upwards of 6 weeks until I had to PERSONALLY clean down the stall and do someones job.

4. Healthy food options are also the worst tasting available. The most bearable meals in the cafeteria are the weekly pasta night and the greasy/fatty burgers and fries.(trust me you'll care when you come home and see everyone from HS has gained 15 lbs)5. Questionable campus safety. Although I cant reference specific incidents- the local people of New Roch(Punk Middle/High School Hoodlums) often use Iona as a shortcut to their destinations at all times of the day and crowd North Ave everyday.

1st Year Male -- Class 2018