StudentsReview :: Iona College - Comments and Student Experiences

Fordham University -- Bronx, NY
Hofstra University -- Hempstead, NY
Saint Mary's College of California -- Moraga, CA

Iona College

I just found this site and am surprisedBrightBusiness - Management and Administration
I just found this site and am surprised by the negativity. While I won?t profess that Iona College is perfect, Iona definitely cares about its students. The college seeks student input into its plans (building, programs and other things). I attend the student government meetings and know that the college is raising more funds for student scholarships and for faculty support. The residence halls are crowded but I?m glad they are building a new one. The faculty and administration are very accessible and present on campus.
1st Year Male -- Class 2018
Campus Aesthetics: A, Useful Schoolwork: B-
I will be transferring out of Iona CollegeUndecided
I will be transferring out of Iona College in May. I am not happy here or with the services. I didn't declare a major because there is a lack of advisement support. Honestly, there very weak support in every department at Iona College, except where they take your money. Iona College's Mission Statement is hung in all the building and walls, but the Top Administrators don't live it or implement it. They write on their website, students are a priority, until Iona gets you there, to take your money.

I met nice people there, but most of the staff are unhappy, overworked, and underpaid, but somehow Iona's new President found money to spend a large sum or money renovating his office and the hallway in the building where he is housed.

Other buildings, where classes are held, are falling down, bathrooms are un-kept, the cheapest tissue, lack of daily garbage pick-up, lack of heat in buildings, computers are left unrepaired and broken, and I couldn't type on most of the keyboards, because there weren't cleaned.

I stopped by the center to get tutoring and there was no one in the center - not one person, in the middle of the day.

The entire higher administration at Iona College are inept, don't care about students, and get paid too much for not doing anything, except make real estate deals. You were so right that Iona College should change its name to Iona Bank.

I was leaning towards majoring in Business, but I don't want to get my degree from Iona College. Based on how Iona College is being run, the Administrators should enroll in Customer Services classes, Facilities Management classes, and Ethics in Leadership classes.

I was misinformed greatly at Iona. Iona looks like a nice picture, but the picture fades when you start on campus. Iona cares about numbers, quantity, not quality. They just want to meet the admissions numbers so that the higher ups can keep their big salaries going for another year.As written in so many other posts on this board, IF YOU WANT TO CONSIDER IONA COLLEGE, DO INDEPTH RESEARCH AND INVESTIGATION. It is a pretty campus, but that's all it turned out to be. At least my credits will transfer, so my money wasn't lost, but I had to readjust my life plan due to being misinformed and misguided by Iona College

I will be transferring out of Iona afterQuite BrightUndecided
I will be transferring out of Iona after this semester, May, 2015. Iona College didn't live up to the expectations - Iona didn't Move My World, and I realized I wasn't getting

a Return on my Investment - my very large investment. Make sure you ask a lot of questions before you enroll at Iona College - and ask for statistics of hiring rates, graduation rates, employment opportunities, salaries graduates make, what Fortune 500 companies attend the job fairs, and how many of them hire Iona students? Are a large percentage of Iona students hired at Fortune 500 companies? What type of positions? Also, what school districts hire are students? Get Facts, spend a day - not just the tour, or open house, spend a day or days -visit the academic resource center - and ask questions, visit Career Services - look at the resumes - they allow resumes and formats - that were used in the 1990's to be put on-line.

Iona is spending money on Real Estate and overlooking the academic and support needs of current students. Also, compare the salaries of Professors to the President's, Basketball Coach's, Advancement V.P - etc - The Adjunct Professors are so underpaid.

All the student/Alum comments made on this board are so true. I'm transferring to a school where I will get a Return on Investment - and where the President cares about our future, and not just Real Estate.

Please do your homework, and request reports - don't just listen to the tour guides - stop students on-campus - look at Iona resumes on-line, ask students how many internships they were offered and where?I am happy I am leaving Iona College because the Administrators don't help you Move The World. They need to walk around the campus more frequently to see what is/isn't getting done.

1st Year Female -- Class 2018