StudentsReview :: Iona College - Comments and Student Experiences

Fordham University -- Bronx, NY
Hofstra University -- Hempstead, NY
Saint Mary's College of California -- Moraga, CA

Iona College

I wouldn't recommend Iona College to high schoolQuite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
I wouldn't recommend Iona College to high school students. I attended Iona College due to Iona's proximity to metro cities, including NY City, White Plains, Stamford, etc. I was so disappointed with Iona College's job fairs.

Iona College has limited corporate partnerships, and very limited Fortune 500 companies attending Iona's job fairs. All-around, Iona didn't live up to my expectations. Iona College promises students the world and DOES NOT deliver on their promises.

Iona approves resumes with typos and grammar errors, and career planning at Iona is close to zero. You are on your own at Iona, but when you graduate, you will receive on-going mail from Iona, asking you for money to donate to their fund-raising campaigns

To answer the questions asked, attending Iona College hasn't helped me get a job, and now I'm left paying off big loans, and it wasn't due to a bad economy, it is due to Iona College's lack of caring and preparation of their students - that's why they rank 284 in Money Magazine. If Iona has a 63 percent graduation rate, that should tell you something - Iona is failing its students, alums, and parents.

What should I have done? I should have gone to Manhattan College, or a college with a high ranking, that offers a very high return on investment. The majority, if not all, of the MAAC colleges rank so much higher on the list for return on value. My advice is attend the college with the best scores for return on value.

I recommend high school students to attend their local community colleges, complete core courses, that WILL TRANSFER to a four-year college, that offers VALUE for your money, NOT IONA COLLEGE. High school students should ensure the courses they enroll in, at community colleges, will transfer to the four year college of their choice.

Iona needs a total change in regime. Iona needs to appoint administrators that have business and sales background to compete in higher education's competitive environment. A college is a business, and as a graduate of Iona College, Iona, is a sinking college heading towards lower value scores.

Iona implements short-term solutions and fixes, for internal problems, but the long-term results will be lower standard and lower student satisfaction service. Iona needs a change in management to compete with the other MAAC college and local universities.

My recommendation to high school students is don't go to Iona College until Iona is ranked as high as Manhattan College of other local NY colleges.Good luck to all high school students, but I wish I didn't attend Iona College - it wasn't worth the high costs, and now I am stuck paying off big loans, and Iona was very unsupportive in my job search.

Preparedness: F Reputation: F
Thank you.Undecided
Thank you. I just purchased a copy of the August, Money Magazine, and I went online to get the rating for Iona. It was around 284. Most of Iona's competitors, in the MAAC ranked so much higher, (Manhattan College, ranked in the top 50, Fairfield was highly ranked, and Sienna and Marist ranked so much higher than Iona. What concerned me is Iona's graduation rate is only 63 percent. That means almost 40 percent of Iona's students drop-out or withdraw. That's a terrible rating, and the debt of students that stay at Iona is around $60,000. What a disgrace? Iona College is close to all the Metro areas, and should be on the top of the list, but Iona's administration is backwards, and only care about their money, the outside-campus facilities, and not getting students jobs, internships, and paying professors what they are worth.

After this report, I won't be returning to Iona College. I will enroll at a community college and get value for my investment, and I will transfer to a college that affords students with the opportunity to obtain good paying jobs.

The administration at Iona College, better wake up, before Iona falls further down the list. Why pay high tuition for a school that has a 63 percent graduation rate? If I received a score of 63% on an exam, that's failing, so to me, Iona is failing their students, alums, and parents. My parents and I work way to hard to pay tuition at Iona, to be ranked so low on Money's list.

I stayed for two years at Iona College,
I stayed for two years at Iona College, and if I were to do it again, I would have enrolled at my local Community College. It would have saved my Mom and Dad so much money. I wanted to go to a small college, close to the city, so I chose Iona. The fees, tuition, and dorm room rates are so costly at Iona, you have no money to go to NY City.

Campus life is so boring on the weekends, and so is New Rochelle. Iona is just not worth the high investment.

Like other reviewers, completing this survey, I thought the new President was going to implement a wonderful plan, to turn around Iona and get Iona back on the Map, like Manhattan College, but Iona is still on the sideline.

I think Iona needs a President with CEO/Corporate/Business background experience, like Manhattan College, and Seton Hall's Presidents So many times I go to different offices on-campus, and the staff are all new - Iona is like a revolving door - such a high turnover rate, high fees, and high tuition -and Iona College is just not worth the money. You can get a more cost effective and better educational quality at a Community or State College.

Compare IonaSave Iona

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→