StudentsReview :: The University of Dayton - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Notre Dame -- Notre Dame, IN

The University of Dayton

The campus is wonderful

Dec 04 2014Chemical Engineering
The campus is wonderful. I cannot imagine myself living anywhere else. I really appreciate the type of people who attend this school and feel like I fit in. In addition, the Catholic Marionist values are excellent to always have around.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Scholastic Success: F

Dayton is truly one

Oct 13 2014Political Science
Dayton is truly one large community, everyone here is extremely friendly and the courses are just the perfect amount of challenging and interesting. The food is awesome and the parties are even better.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2016
University Resource Use: A+, Surrounding City: B

I just wanted to write a review for

Nov 29 2014Chemical Engineering
I just wanted to write a review for anyone considering engineering-- Please do not come to UD. It is so cut throat and professors will LOOK for reasons to throw you out and fail you. I came from high school where all my teachers taught the material and wanted me to do well. Engineering in Dayton is the complete opposite. Professors do not teach. If they don't think that you're brilliant then they'll make you feel so stupid and will give Fs on all their tests. My last test average in one of my engineering classes was a 60%. When the average ACT score for engineering students is a 29, a 60% is way too low. We're all really smart students yet the professors continue to make us feel like idiots. They're no help what so ever for students. To make it worse Dayton is a very heavy drinking school. Which may sound appealing to the average high school kid who looks forward to being able to party in college but if you want to major in engineering THINK AGAIN. You will absolutely in no way be able to drink on the weekends if you don't want to fail out of this major. This can be really frustrating because while you are staying in every weekend studying, you will be constantly surrounded by drunk idiots. Its very distracting. Overall, I would recommend not coming to Dayton if you care about your future because Dayton will in now way prepare you to do anything in life except become an alcoholic. ESPECIALLY please please rethink coming here if you want to major in engineering. I promise you are going to be so much more successful and happy going pretty much anywhere else. I highly regret my decision.
The University of Dayton