StudentsReview :: Pennsylvania State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Pennsylvania State University

Its a decent school for kids that areSuper Brilliant
Its a decent school for kids that are fairly intelligent, do not want to do that much work, and would rather get drunk than learn. I see no passion for learning here, and I would rather be at a school where the focal point of conversation (for the entire week until the next weekend) is not the amount of bong hits it took one to incapacitate one's self the previous evening. There's a time and place to get real messed up, fine, but God at least have some passion about something. We are getting run through the mill like at any good state university. The faculty are intelligent and established. Some teachers can lean on the arrogant side, but hell, I would too if I saw the student population here. It is just funny to me, because everyone seemed to be so proud of my going here back home. To me that is just classic Penn State hype. Maybe (if I don't transfer out) when I get to my upper level classes I will like it better. The business school here is top notch, especially in the concentrations of Supply Chain & Information Systems, and Finance. I am currently Dual majoring in Supply Chain & Information Systems and International Business, and concentrating on a minor in Chemistry and Military History (the latter is only because I am also in ROTC). I guess I tend to like the out of state kids better, because they appear more intelligent. Maybe I am too much of an elitist.
1st Year Male -- Class 2006
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Individual Value: C
I never wanted to come to this university.Super BrilliantBusiness - Management and Administration
I never wanted to come to this university. I am an in state resident and I wanted to get the heck out of Pennsylvania. Even though I am only a freshman I have to admit, classes are slightly (notice I say slightly) more challenging than I thought, and this only has to do with the individual teachers themselves. I consider myself to be decent at math, but I got a fairly hard business calculus class (perhaps professor), and ended up with a C. In all my other classes I will have A's. I fully expected to get about a 3.8 GPA, and if not for math I would have about that if not even a full 4.0. I still want to transfer, because the Penn State mentality thing is nothign new for me. I know the types of students that come here and I do not feel that I necessarily am a part of that mentality. I have experienced it ever since I have been in the lovely state of Pennsylvania. Its like there's some kind of hysteria about a university. Oh well, my biggest problem is that I have a superiority complex, and that I am constantly surrounded with people that I have known since high school (since 50 or more are here from my high school class alone, of a graduating class of only about 380!).
1st Year Male -- Class 2006
University Resource Use: A+, Innovation: D+
The size of this university compared to theBrightBusiness - Management and Administration
The size of this university compared to the small town environment of State College creates a nice mixture of major events and social activities. Penn State football games are the hottest thing going during the fall semester. This town and region thrive on PSU football weekends. Almost any major singer you could think of has been or is coming to the Bryce Jordan Center here on campus. Even the WWF makes a trip here every couple of years. Infrastructure around the town could use some work, as roads are somewhat congested at times. The campus is beautiful, the town is elegant, and there's something to do here for almost anyone. Once you come to State College and Penn State, you will bleed blue and white, and fall in love with everything Penn State has to do and offer. You will understand what Penn State pride is all about. I love it, and would not go anywhere else to school.
1st Year Male -- Class 2004