StudentsReview :: Pennsylvania State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Pennsylvania State University

I never wanted to come to this university

Dec 17 2002Business - Management and Administration
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I never wanted to come to this university. I am an in state resident and I wanted to get the heck out of Pennsylvania. Even though I am only a freshman I have to admit, classes are slightly (notice I say slightly) more challenging than I thought, and this only has to do with the individual teachers themselves. I consider myself to be decent at math, but I got a fairly hard business calculus class (perhaps professor), and ended up with a C. In all my other classes I will have A's. I fully expected to get about a 3.8 GPA, and if not for math I would have about that if not even a full 4.0. I still want to transfer, because the Penn State mentality thing is nothign new for me. I know the types of students that come here and I do not feel that I necessarily am a part of that mentality. I have experienced it ever since I have been in the lovely state of Pennsylvania. Its like there's some kind of hysteria about a university. Oh well, my biggest problem is that I have a superiority complex, and that I am constantly surrounded with people that I have known since high school (since 50 or more are here from my high school class alone, of a graduating class of only about 380!).
1st Year Male -- Class 2006
University Resource Use: A+, Innovation: D+

The size of this university compared to the

Oct 31 2002Business - Management and Administration
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
The size of this university compared to the small town environment of State College creates a nice mixture of major events and social activities. Penn State football games are the hottest thing going during the fall semester. This town and region thrive on PSU football weekends. Almost any major singer you could think of has been or is coming to the Bryce Jordan Center here on campus. Even the WWF makes a trip here every couple of years. Infrastructure around the town could use some work, as roads are somewhat congested at times. The campus is beautiful, the town is elegant, and there's something to do here for almost anyone. Once you come to State College and Penn State, you will bleed blue and white, and fall in love with everything Penn State has to do and offer. You will understand what Penn State pride is all about. I love it, and would not go anywhere else to school.
1st Year Male -- Class 2004
Extracurricular Activities: A+, Useful Schoolwork: B

You can expect the

Jul 14 2002Philosophy
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
You can expect the typical here. Not too much of a counterculture. People will assemble with no pretext, like bacteria or cows or something.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2004