StudentsReview :: Belmont University - Comments and Student Experiences

Belmont University

I had little problem with this university untilBright
I had little problem with this university until I made the mistake of questioning their policy and trusting their faculty at all. After asking some questions about some ridiculous policies administration began to monitor me it seemed. I could handle that but it all went downhill when I was invited to a professor's office to "talk about finals" and was instead greeted by security officers. The teacher accused me of incredibly ludicrous things and intimidated and lied to me overtly. She did everything in her power to get me kicked out. I was lied to thereafter by every member of faculty member I contacted. Lies were spread about me by the faculty. I was told that I would be afforded a trial by my peers. I had clear evidence to disprove the professor's accusations and was suddenly told that my case would not get a hearing. I was instead accused of being crazy and asked to provide a letter by a licensed psychiatrist affirming my sanity or lack thereof. I visited over 5 psychiatrists and mental health professionals, all of whom affirmed I displayed no symptoms of psychosis. They all also informed me that what the university was asking of me was an impossible task and that no reputable psychiatrist would ever put their name on a paper saying such things as such a thing would be literally impossible to prove without several years of observation (all of the mental health professionals I met with agreed that I was fine and it would be a waste of time and money to continue any form of mental health checkups). I informed the school that their demands were impossible and they in turn refused to confirm that any student had been able to meet such demands. I should also note that the same day the professor ambushed me, I was locked out of my dorm and they told me "they could maybe pay for a taxi." I was effectively homeless that night. When I was told I could not enter my dorm, I began to cry. They asked me if I wanted to speak to a counselor I said no. They brought in a counselor against my wishes. This counselor, who's credentials I never saw, threatened to throw me in a mental ward indefinitely unless I spoke to him, something I had made clear to the faculty I did not want to do. This all happened because I had mentioned to that profesor I had been feeling a little down the past few days. WARNING: If you're not perpetually, madly happy to be on Belmont's campus, they will abuse and slander you and throw you out onto the street with maybe some cab fare. Their teachers are unstable and prone to spreading lies about any student they dislike for any reason.
1st Year Male -- Class 2015
Surrounding City: A, Education Quality: F
If you are notBrightPharmacy
If you are not doing something with music, do not waste your time here. This school is extremely hard. There is no way to better yourself here and it will ruin your GPA. Save yourself time and money.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2018
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Education Quality: F
I have read a lot of negative commentsNot so brightOther
I have read a lot of negative comments about Belmont. After being here for a few months, I've learned that a lot of this is completely untrue or over-exagerrated. The rules aren't super strict. There is no lights - out rule or anything. They just prohibit drugs, sex in the dorms, and alcohol which are banned at OTHER schools. If you're upset about that, then I'm pretty sure college isn't for you.

Pros: Campus is gorgeous. People here are pretty friendly. The Music School (not Buisness) is pretty good. All of the facilities are at best amazing and at worst medicore. All of them have air conditioning. The College of Science and Mathematics is even more serious than I expected. The coursework at least for science majors is not as easy as expected. It's a little easy, but right now I'm a freshman, so it might get harder.

The students most of them at least are more serious than I thought. The school are fairly diverse racially. Cons: Convocation credit. Thats a pain if you're a busy person like me. The food is average. I would recommend one the restraunt around the campus. The dorms suck. They're super loud and noisy, but I'm sure it's that way everywhere. Visitation. I wish there was no visitation period.There is no official dual degree program. You can still double major though. The School of Music is pretty strict on your class schedule.

1st Year Female -- Class 2019