StudentsReview ™ :: The University of California Berkeley

Stanford University -- Stanford, CA

The University of California Berkeley

Major: Chemical Engineering (This Major's Salary over time)
Gender: MaleThis person cares more about Educational Quality than the average student.
Intelligence:
ACT:
SAT:
Describes the student body mostly as:

Describes the faculty mostly as:

How this student rated the school:
Alumni Survey

Although I wasn't the excited student coming into Berkeley, now I can't say how much I've been blessed to have gone there. The students are top notch and the professors really know their stuff. As with any university, you have your batch of anti-social classmates and teachers. The only downside to Berkeley is that you rarely get individual attention since the average class size is so large and the bureacracy is well embedded. Still, if you set your mind to it and have initiative, there's no limit to what you can achieve or learn. I've been amazed not only by the diversity of friends I've made, but by what they have been able to achieve since graduation. Everywhere I go, the Berkeley name speaks for itself, and in many cases, garners me more respect than I think I deserve. I can proudly say, now I realize why Berkeley sends more of its students on to grad school than any other school in the nation. In retrospect, I wish I had taken more time to get to know my professors, ie, go to office hours more. I also wish I had pursued research opportunities. High school students should be able to read and write well. It's essential that you develop your reading comprehension and communication skills if you want to succeed at Cal without having to do a lot of extra work on the side. If you have an attitude, lose it. There's always gonna be someone smarter than you at Cal. And lastly, enjoy your summer before freshmen year. Because it may be the last carefree summer you'll have!

More Comments on The University of California Berkeley