StudentsReview ™ :: The University of California Berkeley

Stanford University -- Stanford, CA

The University of California Berkeley

Major: Biology (This Major's Salary over time)
Gender: FemaleThis person cares more about Faculty Accessibility than the average student.
Intelligence:
ACT: 32
SAT:
Faculty Accessibility C-
Describes the student body mostly as:
Friendly, Afraid

Describes the faculty mostly as:

Extra Curriculars A+
How this student rated the school:
Educational QualityB+ Faculty AccessibilityC-
Useful SchoolworkA- Excess CompetitionB+
Academic SuccessB- Creativity/InnovationB+
Individual ValueC- University Resource UseA
Campus Aesthetics/BeautyA FriendlinessB-
Campus MaintenanceB+ Social LifeA
Surrounding CityA Extra CurricularsA+
SafetyB+

I am from a pretty small town. I was valedictorian, and I was kind of expecting to get into Berkeley. When I found out, I was excited, and couldn't wait to move into the dorms. By the way, the dorms are ridiculously expensive. I was expecting Berkeley to be this place where everyone was brilliant and hip, and I would learn and meet great friends. Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. As a science major, I'm stuck in huge lecture halls, where nobody knows my name. The students are all too absorbed in their work to be social. 90% of Cal students are socially awkward, and the 10% that aren't are mostly athletes and people involved in Greek Life. I am proud to be a Cal student, and I am receiving a great education, which was my number one priority. However, I am not having the best time doing so. Every day is frustrating, and every day I have to feel like I am a dime a dozen science major at an enormous University.

More Comments on The University of California Berkeley