StudentsReview ™ :: The University of California Berkeley

Stanford University -- Stanford, CA

The University of California Berkeley

Major: History/Histories (art history/etc.) (This Major's Salary over time)
Gender: MaleThis person cares more about Educational Quality than the average student.
Intelligence:
ACT:
SAT:
Describes the student body mostly as:

Describes the faculty mostly as:

How this student rated the school:
Alumni Survey

Going to Cal definitely taught me how to be independent and self motivated. Because they certainly don't hold your hand, I had to take initiative when it came to looking for jobs. Sure I might not be in a job related to my major, but it's because I decided to take two years off before grad school, and no position in classical archaeology or archaeological conservation accepts anything less than a Masters degree. And in response to all the people who claim that there isn't anything to do, that's just a result of them not looking hard enough. My first year I got involved in the campus radio station, KALX, which still plays music instead of talk radio, and I made a whole bunch of friends there. I also got really involved in the small Classics Department, where most of my classes had less than 30 people in them. My final year I joined the co-ops, and managed to live in one of the many NOT drug infested ones and had a blast. You don't have to just be an athlete or in a frat to find things to do. Cal also has a great study abroad program.

More Comments on The University of California Berkeley