As a high school senior or transfer student, it can be difficult to find qualities that differentiate colleges from one another in order to make a decision. Therefore I will try to point out the qualities that separate ASU from the rest
1) It is one of the largest schools in the country, which is actually a good thing. At a school this big you probably expect it to have classes with hundreds of students in them but really there are not very many. Most of the classes I have had have been around 20 or 30 students. The fact that the campus is so large makes it easier to meet more people plus their are soo many organizations you can join.
2) Students from all over the country come to ASU. It is not like any other state school where 95% of the students are from that state. At ASU its about 60% in state, 40% out state. I thought it was really cool coming here and meeting so many other students from different parts of the country.
3) Its in a big city. The nice thing about ASU is that it is located in a college town (Tempe) that centers around the University but its not out in the middle of nowhere, it is right outside of Phoenix, one of the largest cities in the country. Trust me you will never be bored here. There is always something to do and you will find many opportunities for career networking.
4) LOCATION! You simply cannot beat the beauty and the weather of Arizona... Its amazing. Also, you are close enough to drive to California, Las Vegas, and Mexico. What more could you possibly want?
5) Greek life. Since the school is so big, there are alot of sororities to choose from which will make it easier for you to find a group that you fit in well with. Rush here is competetive but not nearly as cutthroat as some of the southern schools. Some of our best sororities are Alpha Phi, Theta, Alpha Chi Omega, Kappa Kappa Gamma, Kappa Delta, Delta Gamma, and Pi Phi. Some of the most popular fraternities here are Phi Psi, Sigma Chi, Pike, and Delta Sigma Pi. All of these sororities/fraternities are great but there are several other wonderful houses on campus as well. I highly reccomend joining one because it is ALOT of fun and a great way to meet people.
6) Mill Avenue...A strip of trendy bars, shops, and restaurants right by campus. Its awesome. There are also some really great bars and clubs in scottsdale too which is right next to Tempe. Trust me, you are never bored here on a Friday or Saturday night. Never a shortage of athletic events either. Outside of Sun Devil sports there are the Arizona Cardinals (who play on campus in Sun Devil Stadium!) Phoenix Suns (currently the number 1 basketball team!)and spring training for major league baseball is held here as well. Also, if you like to play golf, than ASU will be HEAVEN for you.
I hope this has helped you to see some of the great things that Arizona State University has to offer and hopefully afer reading this you want to come here!! Go SUN DEVILS!