StudentsReview :: California State University Chico - Comments and Student Experiences

California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo -- San Luis Obispo, CA

California State University Chico

This is my third semester and the quality

Jan 23 2014Business - Management and Administration
This is my third semester and the quality of instruction is lacking greatly in the business department and information systems. I can say in the first semester 3 out of 4 instructors can be judged as terrible. The classes were I have had good experiences have been from online classes. I have had to take classes that are taught by instructors that speak horrible broken English from Asia, India and Mexico and this affected the quality of instruction. I have witnessed and reported cheating but it was explained that there is nothing that can be done. I am stuck at this university until I finish and if I can encourage future students to look to other universities. There are better schools to invest your money and future.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2014
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Useful Schoolwork: F

The business college is in turmoil and the

Jun 15 2013Business - Management and Administration
The business college is in turmoil and the instruction is horrible. There is lack of support for students and the grading system is screwie. If you just want to check off the boxes to graduation and not learn a thing then this is the school for you. They allow cheating in the classrooms and do nothing to correct the problem it is rampant. Chico is about what you can get away with not what there is to learn. I would not recommend Chico and regret my decision to attend this campus, it is a waste of time and money!
1st Year Female -- Class 2014
Campus Maintenance: B, Education Quality: F

I did not enjoy my time at Chico

Jan 31 2014Unknown
I did not enjoy my time at Chico. The academics were just so-so. There were parties and extra activities going on all the time. If you just want to hang-out and drift, you can do it here. Some faculty are really good. They seem to be the ones who are using Chico as a stop over for better things in the future. Some of the faculty are mediocre to really bad. They have tenure and just want to put in the minimum. They also have a way of weeding out students so they don't have so much workload. I waited 30 minutes for my calculus professor to finish giving a guitar lesson during office hours. Then he just brushed me off.If you're not sure what you want to do in college, this is a good place to kill some time. Once you decide, however, better to move on to a real academic institution.
4th Year Male -- Class 2008