StudentsReview :: Oglethorpe University - Comments and Student Experiences

Southeastern Oklahoma State University -- Durant, OK
Oklahoma City University -- Oklahoma City, OK

Oglethorpe University

Apr 03 2014Other

Don't go here, it really won't help with your future unless you really want to work for the school.

Starting Job: retail Preparedness: F Reputation: F

Oglethorpe has fantastic academics, probably that's Oglethor

Apr 01 2014Chemistry
Oglethorpe has fantastic academics, probably that's Oglethorpe's strongest quality. Teachers are approachable and they all have terminal degrees and years of experience. The only problem with oglethorpe is the small size of the university. Social life depends completely on each one; in fact, Oglethorpe is located in Atlanta which gives the opportunity to expand out of the university. Besides, all the students know each other because we are so small. Oglethorpe is not a party university.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2015
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Social Life: C+

There is very little social life

Feb 22 2014Biology
There is very little social life. The Greek Life is very excluded from the rest of the student body and acts like they're royalty. I really hate the Financial Aid people. They are always badgering me for money every few weeks. The faculty has its ups and downs. If you want to go for office hours, they are only there twice a week. I lived in Traer my freshman year and it was hell. It is unsafe and I'm sure it violates building codes. I like my friends don't get me wrong, it's just the school makes it hard to be social. I'm a huge sports fan, but they never announce when the teams are playing, so I've never had a chance to go to a game. If you want my advice, go somewhere else.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2016