StudentsReview :: The University of Illinois Springfield - Comments and Student Experiences

Northwestern University -- Evanston, IL
University of Illinois -- Chicago, IL

The University of Illinois Springfield

I'll be graduating from UIS as a Computer

Jul 31 2014Computer Science
I'll be graduating from UIS as a Computer Science major next semester. For the most part my experience has been positive. The academics are sound and faculty/staff are accessible with a few exceptions. I'm not the most social person so I cant really speak in depth on social life or extracurricular activities, however, I haven't had any problems in those areas.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2014
Campus Aesthetics: A, Campus Maintenance: B-

I had a great experience at UIS

May 14 2014Business - Management and Administration
I had a great experience at UIS. Every detail of my time there went smoothly, from financial aid to class schedule. Coming from a horrible experience at a private school, I was worried I would have similar issues again. To my surprise though, I had no issues whatsoever. The program coursework for BBA is cohesive and I actually learned a lot. Teachers were mostly good--of course, there are always a few "duds". Overall, I'm extremely happy with my choice to earn my Bachelors from UIS.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2014
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Useful Schoolwork: B

The advisers can be helpful at times and

Jun 03 2014Business - Management and Administration
The advisers can be helpful at times and very useless sometimes. My adviser made me take a class I didn't need and didn't tell me the class was unnecessary till after the semester

The dorms aren't bad but the meal plan sucks and so does the food. People get sick from eating school food all the time. The school refuses to bring any franchises on campus but doesn't improve the quality of the food available. The apartments are the best places to stay and the townhouses aren't bad either; they're just old.

The classes are usually small so you can get access to the professors. Some of them are useful and some need a different line of work.

The school teams suck but we still support them because there's nothing to do. Parties get shutdown by the cops in record time. If you hang with the right people you'll be at parties every weekend or else stay in your dorm doing homework. The school organizes events but unless there's food or it's a party, they are poorly attended.

Pretty girls, less attractive ones and ratchet ones are all available. Choose your poison.
There are A LOT of people from Chicago here. Extremely diverse population.
The city of Springfield is EXTREMELY boring. One weekend, everywhere was closed by 10.It's not a bad place to get your work done.

1st Year Male -- Class 2016