StudentsReview :: Assumption College - Comments and Student Experiences

Saint Mary's College of California -- Moraga, CA

Assumption College

Dec 18 2014Biology
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I had a wonderful experience at Assumption College, and I honestly do not regret my choice attending this school, and I know that many of my fellow peers feel the same way. As with every school, the key is to make the most of what the school offers you, and there were ample opportunities for extracurricular activities, internships, and majors available at Assumption. It is just up to the individual to seek out these opportunities. I was involved during school, made good friends, and enjoyed my classes as a biology major. I was able to find a prestigious internship right after graduation through the Career Center, which ultimately led to my current job, which I am highly satisfied with.The only thing I suggest for any individual at any school is to complete one or multiple internships. They are highly important in gaining experience that you can't receive from a classroom from any school. The faculty at Assumption are helpful with career advice. They are approachable, and they have a general concern for their students and wish them the best. Even after graduation, I still keep in contact with some of my professors for career advice, recommendations, life updates etc. My peers were generally friendly and good people. Realistically, you will find good and bad people everywhere you go in life, and each experience at a school will be different and unique, but my experience at Assumption was only ever very positive both socially and academically, and I know that many of my peers who graduated with me would agree.
4th Year Female -- Class 2014
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: B
Jun 25 2014Chemistry
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Do you want to have a boring, depressing, non-fulfilling year with poor academic quality and below average students? If so step right up and come to Assumption College where the social life is non existent, academics are a joke, the students act like they are still in high school, and the food will make you sick. Come to AssCo. for a complete waste of your time and money to have a useless liberal arts education that is pointless in the modern advancing 21st century. Prepare yourself for idiotic and obnoxious general education requirements, countless disappointing events, crappy facilities, the dead and cold city of Worcester and a horrible dorm life with horrible peers. I am so glad I am transferring. Whatever you do, do not step foot on this foolish excuse for a post-secondary academic institution. Leave while you still can!
1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Faculty Accessibility: B, Education Quality: F
May 16 2014Accounting
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Hey. I am a senior at Assumption now and I want to say please do not come to this school. If I could transfer i would. The police are terrible and are always looking to get kids in trouble. The sports are incredible bad and not a single student attends the home games. However, you could find a couple athletes at the game as they are required to attend. This leads into the academics. The kids do not really care and if you want a easy school with no parties then this is the school for you. All in all, if you did not read any other sentence please read this one DO NOT COME TO ASSUMPTION YOU WILL REGRET IT.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2015