StudentsReview :: Assumption College - Comments and Student Experiences

Saint Mary's College of California -- Moraga, CA

Assumption College

Hey. I am a senior at Assumption now

May 16 2014Accounting
Hey. I am a senior at Assumption now and I want to say please do not come to this school. If I could transfer i would. The police are terrible and are always looking to get kids in trouble. The sports are incredible bad and not a single student attends the home games. However, you could find a couple athletes at the game as they are required to attend. This leads into the academics. The kids do not really care and if you want a easy school with no parties then this is the school for you. All in all, if you did not read any other sentence please read this one DO NOT COME TO ASSUMPTION YOU WILL REGRET IT.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2015
Perceived Campus Safety: C, Social Life: F

Do you want to have a boring, depressing,

Jun 25 2014Chemistry
Do you want to have a boring, depressing, non-fulfilling year with poor academic quality and below average students? If so step right up and come to Assumption College where the social life is non existent, academics are a joke, the students act like they are still in high school, and the food will make you sick. Come to AssCo. for a complete waste of your time and money to have a useless liberal arts education that is pointless in the modern advancing 21st century. Prepare yourself for idiotic and obnoxious general education requirements, countless disappointing events, crappy facilities, the dead and cold city of Worcester and a horrible dorm life with horrible peers. I am so glad I am transferring. Whatever you do, do not step foot on this foolish excuse for a post-secondary academic institution. Leave while you still can!
1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Faculty Accessibility: B, Education Quality: F

When I was applying for college I was

Dec 06 2013Business - Management and Administration
When I was applying for college I was afraid of being left behind or considered a number, that mixed with a nice scholarship got me to assumption. Bad choice.

I came from a high school of similar size and I can totally understand why some kids here call it "assumption high." The student body is incredibly cliquey and self absorbed. Everyone here is incredibly judgemental and no one knows how to have fun! The party scene is awful, if you can manage to find one, people will either leave after an hour or 2 or will be shut down by the overzealous campus police force. I had much more fun going off campus than trying to find a dorm to drink in. Dorms are decent, apartments are nice but feel incredibly antisocial. Dining hall food varies, some days its awesome, but others aren't so much. Activities on campus are either awesome or godawful. Student run open mic nights are always a great time, but lately assumption has been keen on sponsoring "club nights" and grooveboston visits which are essentially middle school dances.

The one positive I really can give about this school is when the academics are good, they are DAMN GOOD. Yeah, there are a few professors in each subject that should not be teaching, but at the same time I have had some incredible professors that are very kind, helpful, and really passionate about their jobs. Some majors do have wayyyy too many classes that you need to take, but they are working on consolidating them. If you do go to assumption, you are going to get a top notch education.All in all, I can't recommend this school. While the academics are amazing, the social life is just awful. Worcester is a dead city, and the on campus activities are almost always lacking. I'm planning on transferring to a school where I know I can have fun every weekend.

2nd Year Male -- Class 2016