StudentsReview :: High Point University - Comments and Student Experiences

Arizona State University West -- Pheonix, AZ
University of Saint Francis -- Joliet, IL

I love my school.BrightMath
I love my school. I was worried about coming here because of the "country-club" "preppy" vibe/reputation High Point has, but coming from the north east, seeing vineyard vines and lily P everywhere isn't new to me. I instantly found friends and my roommate and I are perfect for each other. All freshies are required to fill out a housing survey then they're matched with a like-minded person (so you can't choose your roommate first year) but if you don't like the person you're paired with it's so easy to find another person. I didn't like my first roommate too much, so I requested a switch before the school year started and my new roommate is basically my sister. She and I are so alike and agree on everything, and we always go out on the weekends together. Claps to high point, they do a really good job at making sure your first year is as smooth and easy of a transition as possible, and make accomodations for literally everything you could need. Heck, I know a bunch of people with cats and dogs and other small furry animals in their dorms as ESAs. There's also housing specifically for those who just want to have a dog (under 30 pounds) or cat for the sake of having an animal.

This school is amazing, come take a tour and it'll blow your mind away. There's always stuff to do on campus every night, whether it's a frat party or playing pool and drinking jamba juice at the arcade. The academics are challenging and due dates will come at you fast, but the teachers are super lenient and flexible and just want you to succeed.

I highly recommend HPU it WILL become your home away from home. I haven't been homesick once. Also if you want to join a sports team you have never been on before, it's so easy to pick it up. I hadn't done crew before and now I'm on the crew team! Just this year there were like 5 or 6 new clubs started by upperclassmen AND freshmen, so if there isn't a club you want, you can just start it.Also, the gyms on campus are so nice, and they have classes like yoga and spinning (all free of charge) you can take! This place is so gorgeous, and unbelievable, and you'd be crazy not to fall in love with it.

1st Year Female -- Class 2019
Scholastic Success: A+, Surrounding City: B
This school is perfect so long as yourQuite BrightOther
This school is perfect so long as your not looking for over rigorous academics and you like a semi small school atmosphere. Even though it is small and even though I am just a freshman, I am told you meet at least one new person every day so long as you venture out your dorm. While a lot of kids are snobby northeastern kids (the kind of kids I grew up around) many more kids are very genuine down to Earth people.

The school is growing right now and is on the way up. I have talked to myriad employers who are specifically targeting top High Point U students for lucrative positions, especially in business and communications, which to me is kind of cool. The reason for this evolution is the predident, Nido Quiben. I admit there is an odd cult following and appreciation of this man, but I am a part of it and I feel it is well deserved.

I consider myself an academic inclined student, but I admit I drink and party a good bit too almost every weekend and on some weekdays depending on my class times the next day. And coming from a crazy highschool party scene (I threw one with 200 kids at my house, and that isn't a rareity) I can say High Point lives up to expectations. If you are a generally sociable person you will have around 9-10 things to choose from on any given weekend. I usually have 2-3 pre games to choose from, 3-4 centennial house parties (GDI parties, which don't exist even at most state schools!) and 2 frat parties at least (usually KA or PIKE). Also for freshman in the awesome housing apartments at Blessing hall, there are 3-4 apartments throwing down on weekend nights. Needless to say, me being only a freshman and having this many things to do on weekends, that the party scene is one of the huge pluses.

The housing is also incredible, ranging from apartments with individual rooms throughout all years of attendance to town houses, to classic dorm styles.If you cannot tell I love High Point, almost all of my friends do. It is not for everyone though as the transfer rate is high, but I cannot figure out why kids want to leave.

1st Year Female -- Class 2019
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Surrounding City: C
I was attracted byAverageBusiness - Management and Administration
I was attracted by the atmosphere - positive, beautiful. But I have stayed because teachers are helpful. They care about me succeeding. It's difficult with some classes, but I appreciate my teachers.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2017