StudentsReview :: Dartmouth College - Comments and Student Experiences

Yale University -- New Haven, CT

Dartmouth College

Campus News:

The Last Word

I would not call my Dartmouth experience a

Nov 13 2013Biology
I would not call my Dartmouth experience a "typical" or "quintessential" one. I wasn't involved in Greek Life and mostly kept to a small group of friends. But even though I wasn't in on much of mainstream Dartmouth culture, I was able to find my niche. The prevailing culture of a place shouldn't come to define you; you need to discover where in that context you fit in. I believe that if one is willing to carve his/her own path at this school, there are the resources to do a wide range of things.
4th Year Female -- Class 2013
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Surrounding City: C

They say you can do anything you want

Nov 18 2012Political Science
They say you can do anything you want with a Liberal Arts degree and I consider myself living proof. The High Tech industry doesn't hire non-technical people as often now, but I wasn't without technical skills. I was able to demonstrate enough technical skill (some learned at Dartmouth) and much better than average (especially in the techie world) communication skills.
Starting Job: Documentation Manager Preparedness: A Reputation: A

My years at Dartmouth were some of the

Jan 15 2013PreMed and Medical
My years at Dartmouth were some of the best of my life. Granted, it was a long time ago. I'm an old guy now (34)! My professors at Dartmouth were caring, they didn't treat you like a statue or number. They were pretty accessible. The coursework was difficult, so don't attend if you don't want to work hard. In the long run, it helped prepare me for graduate school and life, even though I didn't see it at the time. I loved everything about the campus. I played soccer at Dartmouth (attacking midfielder and forward), and my teammates really pushed me in my studies, and my coached cared enough about me to check in on how I was doing off the field. I had the intent of becoming a Doctor of Chiropractic, but after I graduated, I attracted interest from a number of professional soccer teams in Germany, Ireland, England, Holland, and Italy. I signed with the Italian team Udinese, before transferring to Holland, and then ultimately to the German club VfB Stuttgart and finished out the rest of my 9 year career there. During the last year of my career, and after I retired, I worked on getting that D.C. diploma. I just graduated, and am self-employed, doing pretty well. Knowing I was from Dartmouth definitely opened some doors that wouldn't have been opened if I hadn't gone. The people at Dartmouth are amazing, not arrogant or "rich kids" or party people. Most students are focused and determined. The school is big enough to not know everybody, but small enough to know many people and have a close group of friends. The dorms were clean and comfortable as well. Personally, I love New Hampshire, the countryside is so beautiful! Sorry, I'm rambling. :) To sum this up, if you want to work hard and get a good degree to prepare you for life, while making new friends, and enjoying yourself, then go to Dartmouth. If you aren't motivated, then Dartmouth isn't the place for you. Dartmouth is a college that will prepare you for life. If I had to do it over, I wouldn't change a thing!
Starting Job: Professional soccer player Preparedness: A+ Reputation: A