StudentsReview :: Kent State University Kent - Comments and Student Experiences

Ohio State University Columbus -- Columbus, OH

Kent State University Kent

Kent State University, main campuses School of Art'sQuite BrightOther
Kent State University, main campuses School of Art's and Science, is the most ridiculous and disgusting school to have ever existed. Why, you may ask? I will tell you, I created a 5, 10, and 20 year plan for my life based on my dual majors which are business management and french translation, then because the 'wonderful' staff was so intuitive they gave me false information. Not only was the Translation major with a concentration in French on reinstated 4 years ago, but they neglected to tell THEIR OWN STAFF that some of the classes rotate out every other year and that I won't be able to start my major for another year, on top of this year and then I will miss the other classes that rotate out. These advisors get paid around $45,000 a year, they are paid to guide us so the university can eat our wallets and they can't even do that right. It is a sad, sad day when the only people that need to know whats going on don't. Shove popcorn down your throat and pig out you narcissistic bastards.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2017
Campus Maintenance: A+, Education Quality: F
President Warren "earns" over 400,000 a year butBrightCriminal
President Warren "earns" over 400,000 a year but has major issues paying student employees cents over minimum wage. Some of which, like myself, working campus security from 8pm-4am. This takes a toll on your studies, but we do it for the experience to get into law enforcement. Students who work ON CAMPUS are just free labor to the university. They use and abuse us.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2017
Social Life: A+, Faculty Accessibility: F
The nursing students are arrogant along with faculty!BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
The nursing students are arrogant along with faculty! One of my professors had to quit because he had parkinsons. He quit right in the middle of the semester and was already behind by 2 weeks in the class. A new teacher was gotten overnight and the class was forced to cram for two exams in two weeks. The new professor changed the syllabus. Another class I had a teacher refuse to accept an assignment because she was technology rigid! I even called the support desk and provided her with a case number and she still wouldn't accept my assignment. I switched from nursing to business. While taking algebra 3 in the Aleks program the Aleks program went cadywompus and my professor couldn't explain what happened. I then advanced into algebra 4 and all the algebra 4 students were given an incorrect code and were then forced to start algebra 4 over again after a week of classes. We were told, "sorry that's the way it is" and then after a while, "we don't want to hear it." I called the dean she was zero help! I complained to counselors and none of them could help and referred me to the counselor that is supposed to help and he was useless! The counselors and staff are friendly enough, but deep down they really are not friendly at all! In fact, it's a charade a big giant facade none of them want to help students or be bothered with student issues. The attitude is we have your money and we can do whatever we want and will, and the student will just have to accept it and pay back the loans. Kent State will not take any responsibility for any of their mistakes, but if a student makes a mistake or doesn't meet deadlines you can rest assured the student will be held accountable and/or kicked out!
1st Year Female -- Class 2019