StudentsReview :: Kent State University Kent - Comments and Student Experiences

Ohio State University Columbus -- Columbus, OH

Kent State University Kent

Kent State is full of rude, self-indulgent, andQuite BrightVideo/Media
Kent State is full of rude, self-indulgent, and vain students. It is a very cold atmosphere not in only in terms of the weather but the people are as well. Walking around campus is much like viewing a scene from "The Walking Dead" as students proceed to walk to classes like zombies (probably drunk from the night before) and nobody talks to anyone. The mass majority of students who come here are from central Ohio and if you're not from that area be prepared to be an outcast. If you do not really care to act childish, join a sorority, or fraternity be prepared not to fit in. The student body is segregated by race and everyone is divided. The professors at Kent are lazy and compile huge amounts of info all into giant exams/scantrons. While taking your classes you'll find that the professors are very liberal to the point of bias and like the majority of the student's assholes. They don't care about teaching you anything or explaining anything. Good luck at this school if you choose to come here! My advice is if you're not white stay far away from Kent as you can because the majority of students are preppy stuck up white people who have racist undertones just ready to come out. I also forgot the advisors will make you take classes you don't need to keep you here longer and steal your money. Coming from Youngstown this was a culture shock; one which I was not fond of or want to experience again. This school was a complete waste of my time and money. I can't wait to transfer!
1st Year Male -- Class 2019
Campus Maintenance: A+, Education Quality: F
Worst school ever I wish I never attendedSuper BrilliantBusiness - Management and Administration
Worst school ever I wish I never attended Kent State. The president, faculty, professors, and everybody else are just awful. They aren't here to provide you with an education they just want to take all your money. Ungrateful and arrogant people who run this place. Worst university ever and I urge everybody to leave or never come here ever.
1st Year Male -- Class 2019
I have very mixed experiences with this school.BrightPsychology
I have very mixed experiences with this school. Overall, I felt I got a decent education from Kent, although I was a psychology major and wished that program focused more on clinical applications than on research. A counseling concentration in Psychology would've been amazing. The coursework for Psychology wasn't very difficult, but I had majored in Biology during half my time in Kent and I can definitely say that was a challenge. So, I definitely agree that not all majors are created equal. I felt the university offered plenty of extracurricular activities and other resources that helped me grow 'professionally' and personally; I was able to volunteer alot through the university, was apart of several student organizations, and by attending an event on campus 3 years ago, I heard about an agency which I volunteered for and am now working at. So, being involved on campus was beneficial for me, but I will say I lived in or near Kent the full 4 years I went there. I do feel like Kent State has alot to offer in terms of extracurricular activites and student organizations, but it can be overwhelming and sometimes you have to know where to look. The negative aspects of Kent State for me mainly lied in the social aspects. I'm just going to be completely honest here. KSU is clique-y as all hell and I was never happy living on campus or close to campus for this reason. A ton of people are involved in "Greek" life and its just annoying. Go to a few frat parties and you'll see what I mean. Alot of people are from the area as well and tend to prefer hanging out with their high school friends. It just sucks. Overall I'd say I had an OK experience at Kent, although it was a difficult 4 years and I'm relieved it is over.
4th Year Female -- Class 2015