StudentsReview :: Lehigh University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Southwestern Louisiana/University of Louisiana -- Lafayette, LA

Lehigh University

I come from an rather competitive high schoolQuite Bright
I come from an rather competitive high school where I was constantly challenged to go above the coursework in each of my classes. I came to Lehigh under the impression that the engineering college here was amazing, and that it was borderline Ivy League level.

Well, I wouldn't go that far. While the coursework isn't the easiest, it's all regurgitation. You learn something in class, then you barf it back out onto your homework. You really don't learn anything, you just dump your brains out onto sheets of paper.

The social life is absolute garbage. Having a good time here is getting black out drunk, hooking up with a different passed out or super drunk girl every night, and doing drugs at fraternity houses.

Don't let the aesthetically pleasing campus fool you - the majority (not all) of the students here are shallow, cardboard cut outs of stereotypical college students. If you're looking to grow as a person and want to learn something and be challenged every day, Lehigh isn't the place for you. If all you care about is a letter grade and getting wasted on a day to day basis, come to Lehigh.

1st Year Male -- Class 2019
Campus Aesthetics: B+, Useful Schoolwork: F
Lehigh University was one of the most challengingEngineering Department
Lehigh University was one of the most challenging and rewarding 4 years of my life in retrospect. I graduated 22 years ago and my Lehigh network and the reputation of the school has helped me to rise to a top position in a Fortune 50 company.

For the people who are complaining, I have to wonder where you would actually be happy. Lehigh is a beautiful campus, it has intelligent but largely conservative and down to earth students, amazing academics and facilities, Patriot league athletics, and amazing parties.

The town has always been a little shady, but we never had any problems with off campus life the few times we left.

Fraternities and sororities did dominate the social scene back then, but that appears to have adapted from what I have observed. The campus is more beautiful now with significant investment. There is also a far more equal ratio of men to women than the 90s. Women were also treated with respect within the fraternities as I saw, this was never a degrading environment as we would not tolerate that. I was president of my 40 member house and we were a tight group who helped each other out and kept a beautiful house together for 4 years.

The only complaint I had is that it was expensive and I was not rich, while a lot of kids were. I took a lot of loans out and paid them out in my early 30s as I always had decent paying jobs.If you are smart, work hard and play hard, this is your school.

Lehigh is rich, white, and conservative.Quite BrightEconomics
Lehigh is rich, white, and conservative. Are there students that attend Lehigh who do not fit this category? Of course. But they are stigmatized by the rich, white, and conservative, and their numbers are tiny compared to this group. The top of the food chain at Lehigh is made up of "frat stars" and incredibly fake sorority girls. The men, or I would say boys, that I had the displeasure of coming into contact with were rude, sexist, and immature. The guys of the school refer to the girls as "sluts" pretty much just for being girls. The girls also take the disrespect graciously and use all of their energy trying to make their sororities look the "hottest" and "most fun" to please the disrespectful frat boys. It's absurd and if you have any hope for equality in the world at all in respect to race, sex, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic status please stay far away from Lehigh. It is a close-minded place where disgusting frat parties are held above everything else. Although, the professors I had had been wonderful, but in my opinion that's still not worth continuing on for 3 years in this sort of toxic, anti-intellectual student society.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018