StudentsReview :: Lamar University - Comments and Student Experiences

Southwest Texas State University -- San Marcos, TX

Lamar University

Lamar University has some merits, being that it

Aug 12 2013History/Histories (art history/etc.)
Lamar University has some merits, being that it is close to my home. However, for the amount of money that I am paying to attend Lamar University every semester, I feel that the standard of education that I am receiving should be raised, as should the standards of professors. A friend of mine described Lamar as "The place where intellectuals go to die." and I would agree with them.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2015
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Individual Value: F

Trying to talk to someone in the financial

Aug 22 2014Nursing
Trying to talk to someone in the financial aid department or Cashier's department is bruatal. Email's take forever, and often it seems like they did not fully read the quesion. They want you to pay in full the week before classes, which is fine, but their financial aid department is so slow as well you end up begging for an emergeny loan just to take classes. You feel like they are doing you a favor just letting you take classes.
1st Year Male -- Class 2015
Useful Schoolwork: C, Education Quality: F

Alas, while I was hoping for more, this

Jul 07 2013Engineering Department
Alas, while I was hoping for more, this school is merely average in every category, save for one key exception: academic rigor. In this regard, the school is below average. I am an out-of-state engineering undergrad and had heard from friends that the engineering program was solid at Lamar, but not too challenging. Having completed my second year, and having received all A's in my math and science courses, I feel the rigor at Lamar pales in comparison to engineering programs from my home state, California, especially compared to California's UC's.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2016