StudentsReview :: Liberty University - Comments and Student Experiences

Colorado Christian University -- Lakewood, CO

Liberty University

I graduated in 2004 from LU with aQuite BrightCommunications
I graduated in 2004 from LU with a degree in communications. LU could not have prepared me more for my career. Sure LU had rules, RA's were strict, we had a curfew, and we had a dresscode, but as long as we live there will always be things that we don't like do. I grew incredibly during my four years at LU, both emotionally and spiritually. I encourage LU students to get involved with the spiritual life ministry and realize from the beginning that the rules are there to teach you, not to harm you. I felt extremely safe and taken care of while at Liberty. It was nice never worrying about men coming into the female dorms and professors were extremely personable. I knew that I could go to any professor about a problem or just to talk. Their doors were always open. Liberty is not for everyone, but it's a wonderful school and gave me an incredible education.
Starting Job: Consultant; Preparedness: A Reputation: A+
My experience at LU was far from positive.Quite BrightReligion/Religious
My experience at LU was far from positive. Although I made some great friends there, and met and love some of the faculty, the abuse by the administration trumps any positive benefits I have had. The education was not bad, if you are open minded enough to separate some wheat from the chaff. you'll get that at any school. in all, though, some profs can be great, while others are extremely narrow-minded. I majored in youth ministry, and even got my MAR from LU, but if i had it to do all over again--if i knew then what i know now about LU--i would not have done it. in short, they are downright abusive. they have you looking over your shoulder at nothing. I have found myself to be paranoid often because of the abuse that I endured at LU. I wonder how many great Godly people have been kicked out of LU and thus turned off to Christianity or the church as a result. The term is Spiritual Abuse, and they really make you feel like you are not and never will be good enough for God's love. There is a definate double standard, and it almost seems intentional. I've known people to get kicked out for not following dress code, yet others would not get kicked out for being found with pot. They will treat you like a dirty sinner for having your shirt untucked. The rules themselves are not that bad, mind you. I am not bashing the rules. I am bashing the spirit of abuse behind the rules. And you can say that LU is not that bad compared to some of the other schools. Although i have not gone to the other schools, I can't see that as truth. the other schools have a clear cut system of rules. LU's rules are written out in a way that you can interpret them to mean whatever you want them to mean, and they (the administration) finds ways to make you guilty any time. my friend got kicked out for being arrested, then having the charges dropped b/c the complaintant (or whatever) admitted that the assault never happened. LU is a joke. absolute horrible experience. they will mess you up emotionally and mentally.
Starting Job: youth pastor; Preparedness: C- Reputation: F
I am a graduating senior and I haveBrightBiology
I am a graduating senior and I have been content with my time at liberty. I have attended two other colleges prior to attending Liberty and I have concluded that Liberty is the best. From my past experiences and talking with peers that attend universities around the country I believe that Liberty can compete. While going to other universities I was exposed to professors that were very disrespectful to their students and would exort a sence of superiority. They did not foster an environment for learning. I am not saying that you will not run into prof. at Liberty that have these qualities, however it is not as common. Some students would say that Lynchburg is boring and that there is nothing to do, however I have found that students that say these things generally do not know where to look for fun. You must go past Wards Rd and Timberlake to find entertainment. According to the Washington Post LYNCHBURG WAS RANKED IN THE TOP TWENTY PLACES TO LIVE IN THE U.S.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2005
Surrounding City: A+, Innovation: B-

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→