StudentsReview :: Liberty University - Comments and Student Experiences

Colorado Christian University -- Lakewood, CO

Liberty University

This a great christian

Dec 26 2004Religion/Religious
This a great christian school. The atmosphere and peer pressure are for you to strengthen your spiritual walk. I have really enjoyed my experience at Liberty.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2007
Individual Value: A+, Surrounding City: D+

Too much religion mixed

Dec 10 2004Biology
Too much religion mixed with scholastics. Couldn't breathe not to mention that the city is more or less lifeless. Double standard for people willing to play with the arbitrarily enforced rule system. No support for majors that raised the GPA
3rd Year Male -- Class 2004
Perceived Campus Safety: A, Campus Aesthetics: F

I absolutely love this school! One AMAZING thing

Dec 27 2004Nursing
I absolutely love this school! One AMAZING thing that you would be very very hard pressed to find elsewhere is the faculty.... they're amazing. At the beginning of the year in nearly every one of my classes the professors gave us their home phone numbers and said that if we needed to talk about anything or come over just to hang out and get some spiritual guidence or whatever the case, don't hesitate to call, no matter the hour. And they stuck to it, I have became good friends with a few of the profs, I'm close to one of the profs family and do outside activities with them. You tell me where you can get that elsewhere. My roomate transfered from a public university and he said that LU students have no idea how blessed they are, with the faculty, the parking, and the clean atmosphere of the campus, etc. There are many amazing godly students that will encourage you a ton spiritually. I have yet to meet anyone that is really unfriendly, and I know more people than the average joesmo. The rules are perfectly legitimate and reasonable, especially compared to PCC or BJU. I have no problem with them- the dress code is professionalism not legalism, it's college folks not a friday night party. The curfew is reasonable also... prevents alota trouble and keeps absolute party-ers out. The only things I see that I don't really like is Jerry's goal to expand to 25,000 students before he dies... not a totally spiritual aspiration and it has resulted in it being easy as crap to get in LU which has resulted in less high standards of acceptance into LU so you do have a wide range of Christian beliefs. The school however maintains a very conservative spritual belief and are quite outspoken about it. Jerry will often tell "his kids" (LU Student body) that if his school ever becomes unchristian to come back and BURN IT DOWN! He has got it set up to where a church has the right to bring faculty in and out to prevent the college from going downhill spiritually. Some of the students aren't totally 100% dedicated conservative, sold out to God Christians but you'll find that anywhere. 8000 student body, #1 debate team in country, basketball big south champs, Nursing school pretty well known, um... lotsa good stuff about this school. I absolutely love this school and think they have a great balance in most aspects, and would highly reccomend this school to any Christian looking to go to college... I have a blast here and am also getting a very good education in nursing nationally known for the quality of the students. If you're a Christian, and looking into college, COME TO LIBERTY!!! It's the best distinctly Christian school out there.
1st Year Male -- Class 2007