StudentsReview ™ :: Liberty University - Comments and Student Experiences

Colorado Christian University -- Lakewood, CO

Liberty University

Oct 21 2004Biology

If you are looking for a christian university, this is the one to go to.

4th Year Male -- Class 2005
Education Quality: A+, Social Life: F

If I had it to do over again,

Oct 17 2004Political Science
If I had it to do over again, I would not go to Liberty. I'm a Christian, but a questioning one who respects other's opinions and sees truth in many places. If you think like I do, Liberty is NOT the place for you. If you want to spend four years to get a piece of paper to show future employers, and do so in a generally caring environment that is deeply supportive of your Christian faith, but not be deeply challenged to question the way you believe, Liberty might be the place for you. If you want, you can go straight from a cozy, sheltered childhood to a cozy, sheltered adult life here, with minimal mental stress or disruption. I don't mean to to trivialize what you can gain from a Liberty education, or to denigrate the personal growth I know some people have experienced there. But there is definitely only one right way to think and believe at Liberty.
Preparedness: C- Reputation: F

I transferred to Liberty after spending two years

Oct 09 2004History/Histories (art history/etc.)
I transferred to Liberty after spending two years at PCC. My transfer was very easy; the admissions staff went out of their way to help me. The faculty are wonderful, especially the history dept. I have never seen professors so eager to help students. They are completely approachable, friendly, and very caring. When I was ill one day and had to go to ER, one of my teachers came with me. I don't think many universities this size can boast of faculty that care as much as that. In addition, there are tons of internships and other opportunities available. I am very happy with my decision to come here. The only real problem with Liberty is the students. If you come, I would advise living off campus. Many students aren't very sincere Christians and overall, it is a little difficult to make friends at first. If you are lucky enough to be a history major or English major you'll have an easier time, as I have found people in those majors to be very friendly for some reason. Plus, because of all the activities they do together, history majors and minors have a special comraderie with one another.
1st Year Female -- Class 2006