StudentsReview :: Liberty University - Comments and Student Experiences

Colorado Christian University -- Lakewood, CO

Liberty University

Liberty University offers very little value for your

Jan 30 2005Business - Management and Administration
Liberty University offers very little value for your 18,000 dollars. The Internet is unreliable and slow, the food feels like a middle school cafeteria, the post office loses packages constantly, and there is no cable TV in the dorms.

Besides offering very little in the way of luxuries my biggest complaint with Liberty University is that total lack of morale on campus. I grew up watching ESPN and hearing about how great college life is. At Liberty everyone leaves on the weekend, very few people enjoy their daily lives and the sports are awful. The Liberty Marching Band is another laughing stock. I can barely tell one song from another and students randomly chant(at least the minority of students who attend our crappy football games) "GO LU".

If you are into any kind of internet gaming or even casual surfing avoid LU. The internet is down consistently. AOL instant messenger works even worse than web pages. Gaming is especially out of the question. My games work probably 70% of the time. The other 30% I spent an hour playing, then at the end I lag out. in 80% of my games there is evenpresent lag. If you don't know what lag is imagine playing Mario and when you press jump, its jumps 2 seconds later.Don't come here.

2nd Year Male -- Class 2006
Collaboration/Competitive: C-, Useful Schoolwork: F

This a great christian

Dec 26 2004Religion/Religious
This a great christian school. The atmosphere and peer pressure are for you to strengthen your spiritual walk. I have really enjoyed my experience at Liberty.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2007
Individual Value: A+, Surrounding City: D+

I absolutely love this school! One AMAZING thing

Dec 27 2004Nursing
I absolutely love this school! One AMAZING thing that you would be very very hard pressed to find elsewhere is the faculty.... they're amazing. At the beginning of the year in nearly every one of my classes the professors gave us their home phone numbers and said that if we needed to talk about anything or come over just to hang out and get some spiritual guidence or whatever the case, don't hesitate to call, no matter the hour. And they stuck to it, I have became good friends with a few of the profs, I'm close to one of the profs family and do outside activities with them. You tell me where you can get that elsewhere. My roomate transfered from a public university and he said that LU students have no idea how blessed they are, with the faculty, the parking, and the clean atmosphere of the campus, etc. There are many amazing godly students that will encourage you a ton spiritually. I have yet to meet anyone that is really unfriendly, and I know more people than the average joesmo. The rules are perfectly legitimate and reasonable, especially compared to PCC or BJU. I have no problem with them- the dress code is professionalism not legalism, it's college folks not a friday night party. The curfew is reasonable also... prevents alota trouble and keeps absolute party-ers out. The only things I see that I don't really like is Jerry's goal to expand to 25,000 students before he dies... not a totally spiritual aspiration and it has resulted in it being easy as crap to get in LU which has resulted in less high standards of acceptance into LU so you do have a wide range of Christian beliefs. The school however maintains a very conservative spritual belief and are quite outspoken about it. Jerry will often tell "his kids" (LU Student body) that if his school ever becomes unchristian to come back and BURN IT DOWN! He has got it set up to where a church has the right to bring faculty in and out to prevent the college from going downhill spiritually. Some of the students aren't totally 100% dedicated conservative, sold out to God Christians but you'll find that anywhere. 8000 student body, #1 debate team in country, basketball big south champs, Nursing school pretty well known, um... lotsa good stuff about this school. I absolutely love this school and think they have a great balance in most aspects, and would highly reccomend this school to any Christian looking to go to college... I have a blast here and am also getting a very good education in nursing nationally known for the quality of the students. If you're a Christian, and looking into college, COME TO LIBERTY!!! It's the best distinctly Christian school out there.
1st Year Male -- Class 2007