StudentsReview ™ :: The Indiana University of Pennsylvania

Yale University -- New Haven, CT

The Indiana University of Pennsylvania

Major: Journalism (This Major's Salary over time)
Gender: FemaleThis person cares more about Social Life than the average student.
Intelligence:
ACT:
SAT: 1760
Social Life F
Describes the student body mostly as:
Arrogant, Snooty, Closeminded

Describes the faculty mostly as:

Faculty Accessibility A
How this student rated the school:
Educational QualityC+ Faculty AccessibilityA
Useful SchoolworkC Excess CompetitionB
Academic SuccessB- Creativity/InnovationB
Individual ValueB University Resource UseC
Campus Aesthetics/BeautyA FriendlinessA-
Campus MaintenanceA- Social LifeF
Surrounding CityD- Extra CurricularsD-
SafetyB

I decided to attend IUP my junior year of high school. When I came to the college for a visitation it seemed as though the school had everything I wanted: a beautiful campus, a large number of students, a small town setting, and a reputable journalism program. I was still in love with IUP at the time of my orientation, and looked forward to starting my freshman year for the months that followed. I had always heard IUP was a party school, but I had believed the statements of others to be exaggerated as not many young adults from my area attend this university. I was wrong. Once I got to IUP as an incoming student it did not take long for the facade to crumble. I did not make friends (and still have not over a month into the semester), and someone had the audacity to tell me I would not make friends because I don't go out to parties. Long story short, if you don't drink you'll have a hard time finding people who want to befriend you. On another level, I've found the academics here to be lacking. I've yet to be intellectually stimulated or challenged by my coursework, even in my 200 level classes which require prerequisites. I plan to transfer as soon as this semester comes to a close. The advice I offer to anyone considering IUP is if you graduated in the top of your class, are seeking somewhat challenging academics and believe there is more to college life that partying every day of the week, IUP is not for you.

More Comments on The Indiana University of Pennsylvania