StudentsReview :: The Savannah College of Art and Design

Pratt Institute -- Brooklyn, NY

The Savannah College of Art and Design

Alumni Survey

Intelligence
Major: Art & Design Department (This Major's Salary over time)
I found the years I spent at SCAD to be exactly what I made of them... Some of the best years of my life. I learned A LOT and had a lot of fun in a city that I will always love.

Pros:
Once I graduated from SCAD I was able to hit the ground running in my field of study (graphic design). I have also found that the reputation of the school has treated me extremely well, within the design community and job market.

Cons:
Although the school does an excellent job, honing it's students skills and proficiencies for the working world. They do not extend the curriculum to cover the business side of the art world (like most art programs).
Also, I have heard (but cannot confirm) that the staff is underpaid. I would hope for better for the passionate staff I was able to study under.

Summary:
In my experience, SCAD gave me EVERYTHING I needed to do what I love for a living.
responseI honestly feel that SCAD provided me with a big advantage over my piers once I began to apply myself professionally. It's peers, good luck with that advantage.

questionHave you found that being a SCAD graduate has treated you poorly? Or have you just struggled to apply what you learned to the professional world?

Rhode Island School of Design -- Providence, RI