StudentsReview ™ :: The Savannah College of Art and Design

Rhode Island School of Design -- Providence, RI
Ringling School of Art and Design -- Sarasota, FL
Pratt Institute -- Brooklyn, NY

The Savannah College of Art and Design

Major: Art & Design Department (This Major's Salary over time)
Gender: MaleThis person cares more about Faculty Accessibility than the average student.
Intelligence:
ACT:
SAT:
Describes the student body mostly as:

Describes the faculty mostly as:

How this student rated the school:
Alumni Survey

I found the years I spent at SCAD to be exactly what I made of them... Some of the best years of my life. I learned A LOT and had a lot of fun in a city that I will always love. Pros: Once I graduated from SCAD I was able to hit the ground running in my field of study (graphic design). I have also found that the reputation of the school has treated me extremely well, within the design community and job market. I honestly feel that SCAD provided me with a big advantage over my piers once I began to apply myself professionally. Cons: Although the school does an excellent job, honing it's students skills and proficiencies for the working world. They do not extend the curriculum to cover the business side of the art world (like most art programs). Also, I have heard (but cannot confirm) that the staff is underpaid. I would hope for better for the passionate staff I was able to study under. Summary: In my experience, SCAD gave me EVERYTHING I needed to do what I love for a living.

More Comments on The Savannah College of Art and Design

responseI honestly feel that SCAD provided me with a big advantage over my piers once I began to apply myself professionally. It's peers, good luck with that advantage.

questionHave you found that being a SCAD graduate has treated you poorly? Or have you just struggled to apply what you learned to the professional world?