StudentsReview :: The University of Arizona - Comments and Student Experiences

California State Polytechnic University -- Pomona, CA

The University of Arizona

What a shock.BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
What a shock.....for $50000 a year we thought this would be awesome. Well, let me tell you that it is clear that it is nothing short of a large corporation much like a Walmart where they collect as much of your money and give you nothing in return. No one to answer questions, no one to assist with much of anything. It is like a mafia family. Money is all that matters and the collection of the money.I spent hours on the phone and demanded to speak to a Dean/director/dept head etc and was told that no one is available.$50,000 a year will soon be spent else where and I can guarantee this university that everyone I know will know what a money grubbing facility this place is. THEY CARE NOTHING ABOUT YOUR STUDENT. And a school that charges for their copies? Most schools include copies made in the library if your a student and doing class work. They really to be turned in for raping their students. Just read all the reviews....we are telling the truth. There is no one her who gives a damn. Advisors are never available and the only place you have not trouble getting to talk to someone is at the Bursars office (MONEY Collecting) The classes are not even the caliber of what community colleges are in New York. This place should be embarrassed for selling a good education. GOOD LUCK with that. Your student will not be able to get the classes they need because they are over sold and not enough spots. I have reached out to the attorney general for further action. Stay away!
1st Year Male -- Class 2019
Campus Aesthetics: A, Education Quality: F
I'm an out of state student from MarylandQuite BrightCommunications
I'm an out of state student from Maryland , and i came to the university of Arizona for an education. Sadly that is not what I've been able to pursue. First off, do not stay on campus. The quality of living on campus is horrible for the amount of money they charge you. I moved in and was happy to live on campus until i realized that it was affecting my mental health and my grades. ( btw U of A says if you stay in the stadium you can't hear the football games or soccer games, that a lie,i would be frequently woken up from the sounds of both) I appealed to leave the dorms due to suffering form depression and was not allowed to leave, apparently the school is so obsessed with money that hardly any of the medical appeals get approved to leave the dorms. The catch is you can leave the dorms but what you're appealing for is to not pay that semesters rent i guess their way of protecting themselves from a liability. Also apparently hardly any of the appeals to leave get approved - I'm not making this stuff up this is what one of the people from the appeals comity told me when i came to complain about my appeal begin denied. apparently if I'm suffering from depression and i feel as though its affecting my grades 2,000 dollars for spring semesters rent that i obviously would not be able to pay on top of living in an apartment is more important . You also won't have a social life on campus unless you're in a sorority or fraternity. As for U of A being a "party school" i feel like thats another trick they se to lure freshman into the school because partys are the only thing to do at he u of a since theres absolutely nothing to do on campus or off campus. All of the parties get broken up fairly early by the police being that tucson is such a small town and everything is 10-15 minutes away, and there is absolutely nothing to do in town. Everything closes around 10 at the latest , and unless you like getting wasted on the small strip of fourth ave theres even less for you to do without a car. People on my floor have already transferred and even expressed that u of a was not what they felt it would be , and honestly i felt as though i was fooled by the aesthetics of the campus and their rankings among other schools , and not the quality of the school that i would not experience full until attending here. I will be transferring next spring to a different school . The hospital and doctors there are are also horrible. I went there for problems i was having with my gallbladder and 3 people had to come in to draw blood on me which was a nightmare . They couldn't draw the blood yet proceeded to act like they knew what they were doing, i left the hospital with 2 sore arms. The people at the front desk were rude and i felt as though they are ignoring me when i told them the issue i was having (came there 2 times for the same issue) The only nice part of the hospital was one of the doctors who seemed genuinely concerned and tried his best to help me. overall I'm writing this review not to bash the school , but to be totally honest because i don't want a potential freshman coming to this school thinking its something that its not like i did when i applied and decided to attend the school , and i hope that this review helps warn anyone who might make the same mistake i did. If you're coming too the U of A for their nursing program or something in the field of science this is the school for you. other than that , i would not recommend going to the university of Arizona for the price you're paying and the quality of the education you're getting.
1st Year Female -- Class 2019