StudentsReview :: Central Connecticut State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Central Connecticut State University

College is what you make of it.AverageGeography and Geosciences
College is what you make of it. But if all you're given is twigs and rocks, you cant make much of it.

Avoid living on campus at all costs. My friends' dorm does not have air conditioning and there's bugs all over the building. The food they serve is completely ridiculous. If you want dinner at 6:30, you're gunna be stuck with a bowl of frosted flakes. I once had a cheeseburger, which made me so sick I was throwing up for an hour.

The party scene is almost non existent. You can have small dorm parties of 5 or 6 people, but the real "parties" are a hundred people crammed into a small house drinking hard lemonade. Half the time, these parties are shut down in under an hour

The school tried to push this gimmick that "theres always something to do on campus" which is an absolute lie. Apart from most kids going home on weekends, the most that there is to do is attend pointless speeches about political correctness.

The academics here are very inconsistent. Some professors here actually do their job and will help you, but most couldnt even be good highschool teachers. The english department is riddled with self-absorbed, hostile or absolutely clueless professors. I've had a couple good professors here and there, but for the most part, I'd rather have my old highschool teachers over these people.

The department and institution staff are down right terrible. They will tell you your FAFSA was not complete, when it clearly is. Having trouble with credits? Your advisers don't even know what to do. Undecided major? Your adviser doesn't even care about you. Need to get in touch with a department member? They're conveniently always on vacation every time. I once got a letter in the mail telling me I was late on my tuition, but it was under the wrong name. Utter incompetence surrounds this school.If this school is even on your list at this point, just scratch it off. It's the most depressing place I've ever been to and I regret going here and wasting a year of my life.

1st Year Male -- Class 1920
Perceived Campus Safety: A, Campus Aesthetics: F
First and foremost, try your hardest NOT TOAverageMath
First and foremost, try your hardest NOT TO LIVE ON CAMPUS. One, room and board costs more than the tuition itself.

Two, the food and dorms are not even close to worth what you pay for.
The food is mediocore and cheap. One night I went to one of the dining halls, and all they had was cereal.

The dorm life is a joke. Everyone is still treated like children who are supervised by RAs. A good portion of the fees that you are required to pay go to fund the RAs programs that nobody goes to, unless its just for the food.

I'm not saying the programs are a bad idea, they're just marketed to the wrong group of people. In essence, most of that money goes to waste, or just pays for additional food.

Furthermore, a good portion of the RAs don't do they're job very well. As I write this, I am down in the computer lab, because my dorm and entire floor reeks of pot. After telling the RAs, they didn't do anything.

Also, a large portion of the time, you can hear people talking and yelling non-stop due to thin walls, etc

IN THE END, DO NOT LIVE ON CAMPUS. This was the biggest waste of money yet
I cannot speak for other departments on campus, but I can say the Math department is full of a wonderful, caring set of people. The Computer Science department could use some work, some of the professors appear to be mean and unhelpful.

The campus is pretty ugly, say compared to my old school, the University of Maine. It is sort of just stuck and surrounded by a couple of busy New Britain roads. The architecture is modern and cold.

I hope in writing this I have sparred several students the ridiculousness of living on campus.

1st Year Male -- Class 2018
Scholastic Success: A+, Campus Aesthetics: D-
Do you enojy wasting money? Do you loveQuite BrightUndecided
Do you enojy wasting money? Do you love being stressed out beyond belief? Does not being able get a hold of the department you need to talk to delight you? Do you get a kick out of when things are unorganized? Are you fond of being treated like you are stupid? Do you love being snapped at for simply asking a question? If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, CENTRAL CONNECTICUT STATE UNIVERSITY IS THE SCHOOL FOR YOU!

Need to call and make an appointment with your adivsor? No worries! The lady on the other end of the line will condescend you like there is no tomorrow!

Do you often feel dumb around your friends? Well, at Central only 1 in 15 people have common sense! You'll have the potential of being the smart one!

Sounds of sirens comforting to you? Then staying on campus is a must! I hear sirens everynight when I try to sleep. It's like my own personal lullaby.

Do your friends and family always support you and make you feel good about yourself? Going to Central will ensure you know how it feels to be treated like horse shit! It prepares you for the real world. Overall, Central is a fantastic school if you are, or strive to be, dead inside.

1st Year Female -- Class 1920