StudentsReview :: The University of Massachusetts Amherst - Comments and Student Experiences

The University of Massachusetts Amherst

Apr 16 2014Communications

"turn on, tune in, drop out" Also take one of Professor Kathryn Lord's classes SHE HAS A GREAT ASS!

Starting Job: Beef cake Preparedness: C Reputation: B-

I am out of UMASS for a long time now

Mar 17 2014Perfomance Arts
I am out of UMASS for a long time now. As expected I did a lot of partying at UMass and kinda got addicted to weed and actually became a small-time dealer while there which progressed to some more hard core stuff and unfortunately got arrested several years later and am currently incarcerated at MCI-Cedar Junction where I have gone on to complete my degree on-line. My days at UMass were some of my best memories and I always vote for UMass as "Most Respected" each day during recreation.
Starting Job: sanitation engineer Preparedness: F Reputation: F

I am out of UMASS for a long time now

Jan 29 2014Business - Management and Administration
I am out of UMASS for a long time now. I went on to law school after 4 years as a Hotel, Restaurant &Travel Administration major (now in the business school) in good part because of good mentoring. I loved my UMAss experience. I was from NJ and really found a home in Fraternity (Pike). Looking back on UMASS, I am amazed at how this school which was chock full of kids from blue collar families produced guys who have been really successful. The party scene was big, the people fun, the classes generally good (though the left-wing proclivities of professors outside my major was fierce), and the outcomes for most of my peers have been excellent. I have my own kids now, including a son going to college next year. He didn't want to go to UMass, which was a bit disappointing. But I know a few kids in his age range who are going currently and next year. They all seem really happy with the choice and the prospect. Wouldn't trade my UMass years for anything.
Preparedness: B Reputation: B-