StudentsReview :: Pensacola Christian College - Comments and Student Experiences

Bob Jones University -- Greenville, SC
Liberty University -- Lynchburg, VA
Indiana University -- Bloomington, IN

Pensacola Christian College

The people that say this school sucks are

Aug 26 2014PreMed and Medical
The people that say this school sucks are the drop outs and losers. Everyone I know of that "hated" it are the people who are still living at home, in jail (seriously, I'm not kidding), or working at McDonalds. Everyone I know that loved it and got a good education are successful engineers, physicians, attorneys, professors, etc.
4th Year Male -- Class 2010
Education Quality: A+,

I had actually wanted to go to another

Sep 05 2014Education
I had actually wanted to go to another Christian College, but the Lord closed that door and opened the door to go to PCC and I am thankful for it. Yes, it is strict. I had friends who took the handbook just to laugh at it. I went into it with the philosophy that every rule that seemed weird or extreme was there because someone had done something foolish that required it. I did not take the rules as legalistic or an expectation of how I would live the rest of my life, but as a salt shaker to help me see that I'm not the only person my age who loves God and that because I am salt in a lost world that I need to hold myself to a high standard so as not to stumble those around me. I received FANTASTIC preparation to be a teacher. I was ready to handle a multi-grade classroom or a large single-grade room; I've done both. The accredidation part has been somewhat of a headache because of the state that I moved to, but I didn't do as much research as I should have on getting it either. A few classes that count toward a master's will fix the problem. I loved the education, the music, the friends I made and the structure of the campus. I had to be to work at 6:30 in the morning,so I was thankful that my roommates could not be awake all night. I was not there because my parents made me go there or one of the girls there for an MRS degree. I was there for an excellent education and I got it. I would go there again.
Starting Job: elementary teacher Preparedness: A+ Reputation: B+

I came from a strict church which holds quite similar val

Aug 15 2014Communications
I came from a strict church which holds quite similar values to the ones PCC imposes on their students. I was notified from a friend of a small portion of the rules that would be in place there. However, I was never informed of the intense fervor they have for enforcing their arbitrary rules.

In my opinion, based on my experience as a graduating alumnus of this "college", there is no reason anyone should attend this school, Christian or otherwise. One day you may be worried about studying for an exam and getting enough time in at the library, the next, you could be looking a dean in the face wondering if you'll be expelled due to a false accusation from an overzealous floor-leader. No matter how hard you try to stay within the boundaries of the rules and no matter how well you know them, you will be cited for something at some point. All rules can be enforced by any student who decides to play morality police at any time. Even a first day freshman student. There is a guidebook for rules that you can read online or have sent to you, but it does not include the details that can drown you.

It is my opinion that this school is not concerned with how well their students are educated. I believe they are motivated to spread their practices of the "ideal Christian family" on to as many people as will put up with them. Living a certain lifestyle takes priority over any and every academic endeavor.

During an election season, you will be reminded time and again how a certain political candidate is an enemy of God's people. Then conveniently, you don't even have to leave campus to cast your vote.

With all that hassle of living on edge expecting someone to tap you on the shoulder at any moment to point out some superficial flaw, in the end, you aren't getting a single regional credit for your hard work. WHY BOTHER?

4th Year Male -- Class 2006