StudentsReview :: Pensacola Christian College - Comments and Student Experiences

Bob Jones University -- Greenville, SC
Liberty University -- Lynchburg, VA
Indiana University -- Bloomington, IN

Pensacola Christian College

The people that say this school sucks are

Aug 26 2014PreMed and Medical
The people that say this school sucks are the drop outs and losers. Everyone I know of that "hated" it are the people who are still living at home, in jail (seriously, I'm not kidding), or working at McDonalds. Everyone I know that loved it and got a good education are successful engineers, physicians, attorneys, professors, etc.
4th Year Male -- Class 2010
Education Quality: A+,

I'm so sorry to see the negative reviews

Jul 07 2014Education
I'm so sorry to see the negative reviews after all these years. I attended for one semester, Fall of 1981. I did not know of all of their rules prior to going and it was just not how I was raised. Yes, I am a Christian, but no, I am not legalistic at all. If you are not raised in an ultra-strict environment, please find out all the rules before you make your decision to attend here.. Only attend if you know you can handle their way of life. Dresses only 24/7, no dating without a babysitter. No touching at all. Schedule from sunup to sundown with nighttime curfews. No staying up all night to study.. No modern music including Contemporary Christian music. Get a handbook and make your own decision before you go. Just make certain you are getting what you pay for.
1st Year Female -- Class 1982
Faculty Accessibility: A, Education Quality: F

I came from a strict church which holds quite similar val

Aug 15 2014Communications
I came from a strict church which holds quite similar values to the ones PCC imposes on their students. I was notified from a friend of a small portion of the rules that would be in place there. However, I was never informed of the intense fervor they have for enforcing their arbitrary rules.

In my opinion, based on my experience as a graduating alumnus of this "college", there is no reason anyone should attend this school, Christian or otherwise. One day you may be worried about studying for an exam and getting enough time in at the library, the next, you could be looking a dean in the face wondering if you'll be expelled due to a false accusation from an overzealous floor-leader. No matter how hard you try to stay within the boundaries of the rules and no matter how well you know them, you will be cited for something at some point. All rules can be enforced by any student who decides to play morality police at any time. Even a first day freshman student. There is a guidebook for rules that you can read online or have sent to you, but it does not include the details that can drown you.

It is my opinion that this school is not concerned with how well their students are educated. I believe they are motivated to spread their practices of the "ideal Christian family" on to as many people as will put up with them. Living a certain lifestyle takes priority over any and every academic endeavor.

During an election season, you will be reminded time and again how a certain political candidate is an enemy of God's people. Then conveniently, you don't even have to leave campus to cast your vote.

With all that hassle of living on edge expecting someone to tap you on the shoulder at any moment to point out some superficial flaw, in the end, you aren't getting a single regional credit for your hard work. WHY BOTHER?

4th Year Male -- Class 2006