StudentsReview :: Boise State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Rutgers The State University of New Jersey -- Camden, NJ

Boise State University

Boise Idaho has a lot to offer, especiallyBrightKinesiology
Boise Idaho has a lot to offer, especially if you enjoy the outdoors. I has had a lot of growth since I moved here 5 years ago. The seasons are beautiful, lots of hiking and biking trails, snowboarding is very close by, downtown has a lot of great restaurants and fun bars. Good shopping at many locations and the cost of living is very reasonable. Most people are very friendly in Boise, and a lot of people are very health conscious, eating healthy and exercising to stay fit which I like in a community. Of course you see the other extreme as well, but most of the younger college age and 20's and 30's are. The Saturday market is fun, and there are a lot of good entertainers that come to Boise, as well as hockey games, minor league baseball games, river floating, fair, rodeos and community events.

The school has the WUE scholarship for eligible out of state students which makes it very affordable. Tons of new on campus housing, and new instructional buildings going up every year. Of course, you cant miss the football games and tailgates, sooo fun and spirited as well as basketball. They offer a lot of intermural activities, as well as clubs, and the rec center is really nice.Winters do get cold and some snow, but it usually melts within a day, definitely not as severe as northern Idaho.

4th Year Female -- Class 2016
Individual Value: A, Education Quality: B+
My time on campus was pretty alright.Quite BrightBiology
My time on campus was pretty alright. I didnt have any problems with the staff and since I took the bus to school every day I didnt have to worry about parking. It's an alright school for a decent education. Often times I felt when sitting in class that my money was being wasted because I had to take useless filler classes that BSU makes you take regardless of your major. When it comes to grading though I had lucky teachers and they were nice, respectful, and always worked with me. I still truly appreciate them.

Now heres my complaints that I think prospective students should know:
1. Around campus there are church protesters who will stand in the middle of the quad and try to force their religion on you. They will come up to you as you're walking past (you cant avoid them), and will give you little informational packets. Now those are the nice people. In my experience I've had the misfortune of meeting the not so nice people who will try to stop you and tell you things like "You're going to hell" based on your appearance. I've also heard a lot of horror stories from faculty and other students about these people, but I dont believe it's my place to mention them. Just know that this is an issue with the campus right now.

2. If you're going to ride the bus know that they are always late, and they stop running buses at 6pm which is unfortunate because I couldn't have classes in the evenings or go to any evening activites on campus. 3. My absolute biggest problem with BSU and why I will not return- I applied to BSU right after highschool and was enrolled the following semester, but because I joined so soon I didn't have enough money saved up to live in the campus dorms and pay for a meal plan. So I ended up moving in with a family member who lives very close near the campus instead. All was fine until after my freshman year. I tried to sign up for classes again and they told me I couldn't because they charged me a $3000 non residence fee for not living on campus my freshman year. This seemed ridiculuous because I've lived in Idaho my whole life and the room I rented outside of campus wasnt even 10 miles away from campus! I was furious and I wanted answers about why I was never warned about this. They didn't have any answers for me, and the fee was sent to collections. As of now the interest keeps rising because the third party corporation that BSU hired to take care of its collections is very rude and does not respond to my emails. They will try to ignore you for as long as possible to try to get your interest to rise up. I tried taking this directly to the financial advisors at BSU but they told me they can't help with something that has already gone to collections. I'm very sad that something this ridiculous has ruined my future education plans. DO NOT apply to a school that is affiliated with third party corporations especially Williams and Fudge.

1st Year Female -- Class 2019
Faculty Accessibility: A, Useful Schoolwork: D
DO NOT go toBrightPublic Health
DO NOT go to school at Boise State, it's the worst college choice. They will nickel and dime you for EVERYTHING. I would give them three thumbs down.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016