StudentsReview ™ :: The University of Chicago - Comments and Student Experiences

The University of Chicago

Dec 28 2013Economics

One of the most academically challenging universities in the world. If you don't have a passion for learning go elsewhere.

Education Quality: A+, Perceived Campus Safety: B-
Dec 14 2013Biology

In order to really understand the University of Chicago, you need to spend a weekend on campus with college students.

4th Year Female -- Class 2013
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: B-

I had a fantastic experience at the U

Aug 13 2012Religion/Religious
I had a fantastic experience at the U of C--I met a lot of amazing people, and thought that the academics were stellar. I really thrived from the opportunity to take small seminar classes from top academics. It's a place for big thinkers, not close-minded vocational climbers. Insights come not only in class, but also at the house table or with friends from student organizations.Despite the University's famously non-practical approach to academics, my time here taught me to think, and that's something that both grad schools and companies respect. With my humanities degree, I had a (management) job offer for a great company, making much more money than I deserved, and also a full scholarship offer from a top graduate school in my field. As long as you excel academically and in RSO involvement, you can easily be a top prospect for recruiters or grad schools.
4th Year Male -- Class 2012