StudentsReview :: Fordham University - Comments and Student Experiences

Fordham University

Fordham is expensive and you should be awareNot so brightPsychology
Fordham is expensive and you should be aware of that before coming, while they do give a fair amount of financial aid, do not expect to recieve a full ride just because you are not rich. Unless you live in poverty, you will pay something. I know I personally recieved about 24,000 each year in financial aid, completely need based. But you should still know be prepared and have back up plans on how to pay if you do not get that much aid.

I love Fordham, and the faculty is incredible helpful and accessable. The classes are challenging and you really learn things that are considered valuable as oppose to doing busy work and learning a bunch of useless crap.However, dealing with just about any of the offices (ie res life or financial aid) can be a major ordeal, if at all possible... avoid them...as i explained, i really do love fordham, however these two offices almost drove me to transfer because they are so horrible. Nonetheless, i believe there is no better school, the education i recieved, the people i met and the experiences i had far outweigh the bad.

3rd Year Female -- Class 2005
Education Quality: A+, Individual Value: B+
There is no senseBrightBusiness - Management and Administration
There is no sense of community at Fordham. All the students have in common is their hatred of the University, not a pride that is common at other colleges. There is also a rift between the commuting students and the residents. They rarely interact.
1st Year Female -- Class 2007
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Innovation: B-
Don't let the pamphlets fool you.
Don't let the pamphlets fool you. My negative comment is based on Fordhams statements about how they are a need blind school and they admit all qualified students without regard to financial need. Well I had great grades etc. and they did admit me, but they fail to tell you that the less money you have, the less they'll offer you. They portry themselves as a school that helps out the students with need by giving them a substantial financial aid package. In my case Fordham determined to give me nothing. The NY tate aid was about $1,500 per year. They told me I would qualify for a Federal work study of $2,800 and I could take out a Staford loan for $2,625. This stinks. Because after all is said and done I would have to come up with about $35,000 per year in loans in order to go here. After finally getting through to a qualified person in financial aid who could actually help me out, she explained that Fordham felt that my need was to high and I probably shouldn't go there. Nice. All along they lead you to believe that they help out thoose in need and the reality is they help themselves to your application fee money. Then they accept you knowing full well you can't afford the tuition. Maybe they get enough desparate suckers to come up with the money if they accept everyone. Any I'm not going to be that sucker and come out of college $140,000 in debt. I'm going to another great college who actually appretiates the great grades I acheived and the great SAT scores plus all the extra activities and clubs that the colleges want. So don't fall for the Hype, now I know what F.U. really stands for.
Fordham University