StudentsReview :: Fordham University - Comments and Student Experiences

Fordham University

Fordham University is a great school! I adore

Feb 07 2004Economics
Fordham University is a great school! I adore it here. At first, I was skeptical and thought it was in a "bad area" and it would be hard to meet people. Now, I love the Bronx and have befriended many wonderful people. Some of my classes are challenging and a couple have been easy, but it really has been manageable. My professors are very knowledgable and friendly. Class sizes are small- always- and it helps foster friendships and relationships within the classroom. The food isn't the best in the world. Prepare to live on overcooked ziti, but you get used to it. The dorms are nice compared to other colleges that I've seen. Some rooms are huge, others are just average. There are lots of clubs to join. On the weekend, a lot of kids go home, but a lot stay here too. Many people go to clubs and bars in the city, or bars off-campus in the Bronx.
1st Year Female -- Class 2007
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Campus Maintenance: B

Fordham is home for me

Nov 21 2003Psychology
Fordham is home for me... I graduated in 99, left for a year, and came back to work here and go to graduate school here. Being an undergrad in NYC totally prepared me for life outside of college. Having the opportunity to hold internships in NYC definitely gave me insight as to how life was going to be after college.
Starting Job: Research Assistant Preparedness: A+ Reputation: A+

As a first semester freshman, I am just

Dec 04 2003Undecided
As a first semester freshman, I am just starting to discover all the wonderful opportunities which FU has to offer. The teaching staff are very friendly, professional, and caring. The food is atrocious. Don't worry about the freshman 15 here. You're more likely to lose 15 lbs. than gain it at this place. The dorm situation is comparable to my friends dorms at other colleges. In fact, I'd say that our dorms are on the larger side and the facilities are very well maintained. The bathrooms in the dorms are generally pretty gross though. Get used to showering with sandals. If you like the bar scene, there are plenty of bars within a few blocks. Other than bar-hopping, the city is another big destination on the weekends. The Ram Van (intercampus transport) will take you to the Lincoln Center Campus. It's cheap (only $2.50), safe and convienent. My classes are challenging but not overwhelming. There is a huge core curriculum here which may sound like a negative attribute but if you are undecided like me then it really helps you narrow your career choices by allowing you to dabble in a lot of different interesting subjects. Come here prepared to do work and you'll do fine. Fordham is a great school if you're willing to work with it. Its location and charm made it the right school for me. I know I made the right decision in coming to Fordham.
1st Year Female -- Class 2007