StudentsReview :: Fordham University - Comments and Student Experiences

Fordham University

Fordham is home for me

Nov 21 2003Psychology
Fordham is home for me... I graduated in 99, left for a year, and came back to work here and go to graduate school here. Being an undergrad in NYC totally prepared me for life outside of college. Having the opportunity to hold internships in NYC definitely gave me insight as to how life was going to be after college.
Starting Job: Research Assistant Preparedness: A+ Reputation: A+

There is a good group of people here,

Nov 19 2003Political Science
There is a good group of people here, and good access to the city. The afterlife scene here is mostly bars (don't even need a fake most of the places) and some parties. The profs are mostly very good, and people are always willing to help out if you are having trouble. There is religion available here (seeing as it IS a jesuit university) but it is only made available, not forced upon you or down your throat -- coming from a Jesuit hs i feel this is actually less oppressive religion-wise.
1st Year Female -- Class 2007
Surrounding City: A+, Scholastic Success: B-

As a first semester freshman, I am just

Dec 04 2003Undecided
As a first semester freshman, I am just starting to discover all the wonderful opportunities which FU has to offer. The teaching staff are very friendly, professional, and caring. The food is atrocious. Don't worry about the freshman 15 here. You're more likely to lose 15 lbs. than gain it at this place. The dorm situation is comparable to my friends dorms at other colleges. In fact, I'd say that our dorms are on the larger side and the facilities are very well maintained. The bathrooms in the dorms are generally pretty gross though. Get used to showering with sandals. If you like the bar scene, there are plenty of bars within a few blocks. Other than bar-hopping, the city is another big destination on the weekends. The Ram Van (intercampus transport) will take you to the Lincoln Center Campus. It's cheap (only $2.50), safe and convienent. My classes are challenging but not overwhelming. There is a huge core curriculum here which may sound like a negative attribute but if you are undecided like me then it really helps you narrow your career choices by allowing you to dabble in a lot of different interesting subjects. Come here prepared to do work and you'll do fine. Fordham is a great school if you're willing to work with it. Its location and charm made it the right school for me. I know I made the right decision in coming to Fordham.
1st Year Female -- Class 2007