StudentsReview ™ :: Fordham University - Comments and Student Experiences

Fordham University

This is my second semester at Fordham-CBA(Bronx)

Feb 21 2003Undecided
This is my second semester at Fordham-CBA(Bronx). I must say that it has been a load of fun for me! I'm very much involved in performing arts (and it's not true that only Lincoln Center students are artistic), we have the University Choir, 3 cappella groups (yay for b-sides!), a dance group, and two theater clubs...the school is not too big, not too small, but just right...I have had both great and not-so-great professors and the curriculum is amazing...the campus is very lovely, walled inside "da Bronx"...kinda intimidating once you leave the campus but that's why you always go out in groups and there's an intercampus RamVan which helps a lot...
1st Year Male -- Class 2006
Education Quality: A+, University Resource Use: B-

I go to Lincoln Center, which feels separate

Dec 06 2002Other
I go to Lincoln Center, which feels separate from Rose Hill--really, they could almost be two different schools. The best thing about FU, for me at least, is the location. I LOVE being in New York, there's a lot to look at and do--which is a good thing, because there's not much going on oncampus. We can't have real parties because of the apartment setup, and there are no campus bars or hangouts. You have to go to the city bars or expensive clubs if you want to really party at night. THe apartments and large number of commuters (plus, the guy-girl ratio; no joke, probably 1:7) makes it harder to meet people. Academic-wise, it's been a mixed bag. It really depends on your professors. I have wonderful English and Arabic teachers, but another teacher can't speak English very well, which ruins the whole class. I'd recommend staying over here if you're not sure if you want to go here or not. It'll give you a feel for how the social scene works, and you'll find out if it's right for you.
1st Year Female -- Class 2006
Surrounding City: A+, Social Life: C

I enjoyed my time at Fordham, the only

Dec 03 2002Political Science
I enjoyed my time at Fordham, the only faults I can find with those four years rest with myself, not with the school, faculty, or student body. The school has everything you could ask for- without the fraternity/sorority engineered social hierarchy. Beautiful campus, great teachers, great cirriculum. I find myself going back to class materials for my own personal reading. Off-campus can get a bit dodgy- but inside those four walls is a different world, close by (accross the street) is the Bronx Zoo and Botanical Gardens, cant beat them for an afternoon well-spent. And the greatest city in the world is only a subway ride (or more appealing Metro North train ride) away. I recommend it.
4th Year Female -- Class 1999