StudentsReview :: Wright State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Ohio State University Columbus -- Columbus, OH

Place is a JOKE!Quite BrightUndecided
Place is a JOKE! RUN far from this place. Administrations from Disability Services, Busar and Admissions is a joke they will help you with nothing, talk down to you as if you are still in grade school. This is my last year transferring out. They will never change look at the graduation/retention rate it is all about the money. They let the ROTC students do whatever they want including hazing the disabled students. The Degree is only worth the printing ink they use.
5th Year Male -- Class 2017
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Education Quality: F
This is is an honest review and IBrightMechanical Engineering
This is is an honest review and I will grade each section of this place
1.academics - It all depends on what your major is. for stem majors (engineering nursing etc.) is well known and it is challenging. people do complain about foreign prof. and tough ones but that is at every college and those majors are hard everywhere and but if you study you will do well. yes there are weed out classes but its part of being in a stem major and overall I like the stem programs and my engineering classes. OTHER than that its a joke. my English class was horrible and the professor was liberal and biased like most professor in the awful liberal arts college. my grade is a B

food- its all opinion based but I like it, grade A-
campus-the campus is small but large which I like. The tunnels are great and the library is great as well. However the campus does look unappealing compared to other colleges, grade B-

dorms-the dorms are okay, Hamilton hall is close to everything but it looks unappealing, the woods is awful, but honors hall is nice, yes it is a hike but a lot of things and places are at this place, plus the dorms are nice too so grade, B-

administration-it is terrible all the bad reviews about the administration was right. Nobody helps you out, you have to figure stuff out on your own, financial aid office is trash, and the advisers send you loops to get every dime. For example I realized I didn't needed my year long English class, so I wasted my money on that there are problems that they don't want to solve. My grade is F

athletics-it's D1 with basketball but with no football so my grade is C
social/clubs-oh boy this is the worst part about this campus. The social life is HORRENDOUS. Most people commute meaning that they show up and leave and for people living on campus, they show up and go to their dorms and leave EVERY WEEKEND. I stay half of the weekends I get so bored since nobody is here and I end up crying. It is very HARD to make friends. I try so hard to make friends but I couldn't make 1 friend. Don't get me wrong they are nice people and I meet people and talk to them in my classes, but I don't hangout with them because they left campus all the time. Most people talked to their high school friends and don't include anyone else in their group. As for clubs, since I'm an engineer I don't have time for clubs but I have heard mostly some poor reviews. My grade is F-

student body-The student body is awful. it ties in with social life since most people come and go, nobody cares for this school and it makes me sad that the nutter center, which is a huge stadium is awesome place but nobody goes to sporting events and fun events since people come and go and that's the student body. they are nice and fun people but most just keep to themselves and nobody has pride. my grade is F-

party scene-no parties so grade is F
parking- terrible F-
campus resources-it has a rec center and stuff a regular campus has so grade is Boverall- My experience at WSU socially terrible and because of that I was diagnosed with depression. I know I praised the stem department because its good but don't go here. you want to go to a place where you can be happy. I know WSU networks with lots of jobs and internships, which is good, but go to a place where your happy because there is a reason for low graduation rates, retention rates and less hiring. It is because of the awful administration and the sad social life and nobody is happy. My grade for wright state university is a D+/C-

1st Year Male -- Class 2019
Perceived Campus Safety: A, Faculty Accessibility: F
Wright State University is more like a highQuite BrightBiology
Wright State University is more like a high school than any other University I have ever seen. If you want a quality higher education centered around open mindedness and values then do not go here. The faculty, particularly the advisors are extremely unhelpful. I spent 3 weeks trying to get ahold of my advisor for scheduling help one time and never got so much as a call back or an email. There is a lot of staff here but it is impossible to speak to anyone of value. For instance most people working desks such as admissions and records are students and when I asked to speak to someone higher up they could not provide it. This school is not challenging, the professors are less educated than other universities, and the easiness of the curriculum is astounding and pointless. If you want to challenge yourself, and your mind, and go somewhere in life i suggest you do not attend Wright State University.
1st Year Male -- Class 2019