StudentsReview :: Wright State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Ohio State University Columbus -- Columbus, OH

Wright State University

I am currently a junior commuter student asQuite BrightNeuroscience/Cognitive Science
I am currently a junior commuter student as of the end of the Fall semester of 2019. I had come in with a year of credits so I only need to spend 3 years here. It has been one of the worst experiences of my life. I would have dropped out if I had not joined greek life. The greek life at WSU is the only good thing there and the reason for that is the kid that are in it. The greek life is so uptight that sororities can't even use a scavenger hunt for an event because it is considered hazing... Straight up rediculous. Forgot to mention there are no greek houses or housing of any kind so rip to that experience. If your in an organization and are trying to hold an event WSU facilities will not allow you to have food brought in for catering, so you have to buy from WSU catering and they are a solid 1/5 stars. WSU facilities also won't allow you to do any painting or activities similar, there are so many restrictions it is frustrating. I feel like college is supposed to be a time in your life where you are in a community that wants you to succeed but Wright state is not that place. EVERYTHING IS A BATTLE. If you want a degree sure you can get it here but that's all this school has to offer. Let us talk about sports clubs and the gym. Well, they have a wonderful pool that they basically rent out every day to local swim clubs because the school is so poor they had to get rid of the swim team. The school's recreation facility was voted the worst in Ohio and the vote to get a new one didn't pass. There are basically no intermural sports so you won't be meeting friends that way. Nightlife on the campus is not a thing. Down the street are two bars Wo?s and Tuty?s. If you meet someone forms WSU and they say that they are a partier, they probably don't even know what a real party is. Frat parties are non-existent. The ONLY thing WSU has to offer is a degree. I would never wish this school to anybody. The school lacks tradition and everything needed for the college experience. It is sad. I should have transferred after my first semester.
2nd Year Female -- Class 1921
Scholastic Success: B, Campus Aesthetics: F
I am a student from Maryland.Not so brightCommunications
I am a student from Maryland. I have CP. I went here because of the WSU disabilities support program such as the purple care program at WSU where students work for other students on the same campus. Sometimes even the same age, female or male. This has presented a major challenge for me and all people because working with a female peer can be challenging because as you offer your opinion it can totally ruin your whole social circle if that student is very popular on campus. You get really close to these particular students, but then if you do one thing to tick someone off or many things to tick off a popular person who you can't control hiring, it can ruin your whole college experience. For me personally, I had a great experience my first semester. My PAs were wonderful with the exception of 1. The PAs are probably the friendliest people on campus. The students were never really friendly at all besides the PAs and one organization. Students would never go out of their way to talk to you except for one organization a christian organization. When I complained about one popular person in this particular organization, then this organization treated me like I didn't even exist. Another problem is the RA staff. 2 of my PA students were RAs. Because they did not feel comfortable talking to me after I disclosed about what made me feel uncomfortable, they lied and blocked me on Facebook and filed a harassment complaint with the student code of conduct without any warning at all. This has been the worst college experience for me. I went to wright state because it was number 3 for disabled students in the nation. Students are very unfriendly overall, the one friend circle I did have...when I had one disagreement with one person changed how the whole group treated me. Even the pastor of this organization won't speak to me. Even though they provide great facilities, the students make up a campus. Overall the student quality of friendliness is a 0. I did not tell the faculty member about the incident and she brought it up to me knowing it was bothering me, but did nothing to resolve the issue. They isolate the people with disabilities here, most people are by themselves at lunch, I have never seen a single person go out of their way to talk to me at lunch. Very unsocial and unfriendly campus overall. Even though the facilities are great, the social feeling here is terrible. If you piss one person off by giving your true opinion, instead of keeping it confidential, they will ruin your reputation. The president of the organization I was in totally was unfriendly and didn't even ask me what was wrong. Even though they respect me and say hi to me, none of them went out of their way to talk to me and figure out what was wrong. I felt like I was a number at this university and I had a very bad experience at this university. If you want to come here just be aware that peers are unsocial and never use the PA program here because they never have the student's back.
1st Year Male -- Class 1922
University Resource Use/ spending: A+, Individual Value: F
Wright State University isNot so brightEnglish
Wright State University is currently in the middle of a budget crisis due to the nepotistic and corrupt nature of the administrative staff. Come here only if you want to feel like you want to kill yourself on a daily basis.
1st Year Male -- Class 2018