StudentsReview ™ :: Wright State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Ohio State University Columbus -- Columbus, OH

Wright State University

The Local Government Ombudsman cannot iatsevignte this matte

Apr 07 2014Interior Design
The Local Government Ombudsman cannot iatsevignte this matter because the Directors of Adult Services volunteer as Directors of the Association of Adult Social Care (ADASS) and therefore not within her remit. I wish to make a complaint against. Mark PalethorpeCheshire West and Chester CouncilSarah Pickup Hertfordshire County CouncilRay JamesEnfield CouncilSandie KeeneLeeds County CouncilJo ClearyLambethSarah NormanWolverhamptonPeter HayBirminghamRichard WebbSheffieldIn November 2010 a team of inspectors from Ofsted and the Care Quality Commission carried out an inspection of Safeguarding and a select board has been put together after Inspectors raised concerns and a number of steps were immediately taken in response to the findings of the inspection. I wrote to the council regarding my concerns of poor social work practice. A close relative of a young woman was acting as a pimp, her social worker Alan Mills (an approved social worker and friend of John Feeney- UNISON) chose to do nothing about it until she had a child who was immediately adopted. Another social worker, Anne Ritchie was informed by concerned carers one of their colleagues was having an inappropriate relationship with a client but chose not to report it until she started showing signs of her pregnancy. Stuart Thomson a social worker told me about an alleged homosexual attack on his client with Down’s Syndrome by another Down’s Syndrome client. Judith Dreiling (an approved social worker) who knew one of her clients was being terrorised by a local youth almost on a daily basis but chose not to report the matter to the police. Nick Alexander (an approved social worker and friend of John Feeney Unison) showed a different side to his personality when a careworker Elaine Jones remarked one of his wealthier clients could be better off selling up and going into residential care. She was told in no uncertain terms never to mention it again.Steve Robinson the Chief Executive of CW CC replied threatening me with a restraining order.Mark Palethorpe of CW CC is a contact member for ADASS and has repeated this threat. In June 2012 Jill Broomhall (CW CC) informed me Sarah Pickup of Hertfordshire County Council and member of ADASS was involved regarding my complaint. I asked how she was involved and my email has been ignored.Other correspondence to CW CC from me has been ignored and I wrote to Ms Pickup if she could assist me obtain replies. She replied this was for local determination. (by this time she was aware of the serious allegations of my complaint and the responses I had received from CW CC by their threats and intimidation).Sandie Keene the Director of Adult Social Care for Leeds has repeated Ms Pickup’s decision on behalf of the ADASS team that my complaint is for local determination. I am very concerned that if this is the way ADASS condones CW CC’s conduct nothing has changed for “Altogether better…..” and some organisations and social care for carers of adults with learning disabilities and service users leave a lot to be desired not only in Cheshire but across the country and need investigation.Yours faithfully,Mavis Jones
Starting Job: pMHhGtVE Preparedness: F Reputation: F

Like every other college you will have some

Mar 27 2014Psychology
Like every other college you will have some truly crappy professors who don't care at all and then those that are passionate. There are a large variety of groups to get involved with which will make your time here more interesting. Parking SUCKS, even after sinking $50-$150 in a permit (depending on the type you buy) you still have to arrive HOURS early to even find a damn space or stalk those leaving to their cars in hopes they are leaving and no one else whips (literally, someone nearly hit my car in order to get the space first) into the space before you. There is ample staff spots that remain open...you take one and get $50 fine if caught. Wright State overall has been okay but many of the classes I take for my BA in psychology are SUPER repetitive and I feel like I haven't truly learned too much to prepare me for any form of Grad school. I am getting thousands of dollars in loans for what feels like simply stress and annoyance. Many "required" courses seem unnecessary as they wildly unrelated to my major. I've enjoyed the personal expire cues I have had at WSU but not so much my academic (which is the main point).
4th Year Female -- Class 2015
Campus Aesthetics: A, Education Quality: F

I graduated from WSU in the 80's, and

Jan 03 2014Finance
I graduated from WSU in the 80's, and it was the best four years of my life. The tuition was low enough that I worked on campus and was able to pay 100% of my way through school. I made hundreds of friends by getting involved in campus activities, and I made many close and life-long friends by joining the Beta Phi Omega Barflies. I've heard some negative things about Wright State over the past few years, but I can tell you it was a great place to go to school in the 70's and 80's.
Starting Job: financial analyst Preparedness: B+ Reputation: C